Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Anonymous
Anonymous
4 posts

Edited Apr 02, 2008, 13:55
picketing Scientology in UK cities on 12th April 2008
Apr 02, 2008, 08:27
On April 12th 2008, the internet based activist group known as “Anonymous” will be picketing Church of Scientology centres in the UK, with the main focus being in London. The aim of these demonstrations, entitled “Operation Reconnect”, will be to bring the Church’s policy of Disconnection into the public domain. Disconnection is a term applied by the Church of Scientology that forbids Scientologists to have any contact with people deemed by the Church to be “antagonistic”. What does this mean? It means that if you criticise the Church of Scientology, all active Scientologists will be forbidden to have contact with you, regardless of whether you are family, friend, colleague or stranger. This policy breaks families apart and ruins lives.

On April 12th, Anonymous will make its presence known to Scientology once again. Anonymous will begin at the Church of Scientology located at 146 Queen Victoria Street, London EC4V 4BY from 11am until 1:30pm. At 2pm Anonymous will move to the Scientology and Dianetics Centre located at 68 Tottenham Court Road, London W1P 0BB where Anonymous will remain for the remainder of the day.

Present at both locations will be ex-Scientologists, most of whom will willingly speak to the public and to the media about their experiences with the Church and its policies. Members of Anonymous will also be happy to speak to the public and to the press about why they are protesting.

For more information on Anonymous, please visit:
http://forums.enturbulation.org/index.php

For the official announcement of Operation Reconnect see:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dj67TXxrmM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uhd325tj-KA

For more information on the event, please see:
http://www.londonlulz.com/index.php?...tion_Reconnect

PS This isn't a paste-and-run folks, a family member (Sean Carasov) has just been arrested on a bogus charge of 'criminal threats' as part of Anonymous.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/9/98/Seans_Bail.JPG

Bail bond cost $5k, I can't believe they did this to Sean.

We'll be turning out in support in Brummagem*, hope to see some other Heads there...

*ETHEL STREET (off NEW STREET) 11am-4pm
SATURDAY 12th APRIL

For more background info on Scientology's activities please see here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/SA-Anonymous/video/7341208

and

http://www.vimeo.com/824772

Onwards...
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: picketing Scientology in UK cities on 12th April 2008
Apr 02, 2008, 23:48
I was a target of the Scientologists once. I was walking down the street in Boston about 25 years ago & some guy approached me and asked if I wanted to take a 'personality test'.
I wasn't doing anything and felt sort of curious, so I said OK and was led to their local center. I was given a fill in the blanks type form to complete and then led into a small theater where I was presented with an indoctrination film.
I caught on that this was a cult and went to leave.
I was stopped and reassured that I really wanted to hear the results of my 'test'. I was then informed that I was emotionally unstable and needed help.

I split and never looked back. What a gang of dupes and charlatans.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 03, 2008, 01:41
That's how they operate? Creepy!
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Edited Apr 03, 2008, 05:18
Apr 03, 2008, 05:09
Good on you Dave.
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Apr 03, 2008, 08:54
They always used to be out handing out their 'personality test' forms in my town in the late 80's.

I always ended up carrying one home in my pocket every saturday when I was about 12. I was meant to fill them out and send them to an address. I filled one out once, but got bored by question 70 or so. Never sent it.

A few years later I was listening to Angel Dust by Faith No More and picked up on the spoken line in the first song "Does emotianal music have quite an effect on you?". It was familiar so I dug out one of the old forms and realised that all the spoken parts on the song were questions from the form I had.

Still didn't even know what scientology was at that point though. Pretty questionable handing out recruitment personality tests to twelve year olds though.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Apr 03, 2008, 09:10
Apr 03, 2008, 09:09
embryonomore wrote:

A few years later I was listening to Angel Dust by Faith No More and picked up on the spoken line in the first song "Does emotianal music have quite an effect on you?". It was familiar so I dug out one of the old forms and realised that all the spoken parts on the song were questions from the form I had.

Very intererting! I got a very soft spot for that album, for some bizzare reason. It just seems a cut above yer usual metal crap etc (gawd that comment's asking for trouble!).
'Land of Sunshine'. Yes. Especially where he goes 'yes. very interesting', and sort of rushes onto something else, lkie he's taking a survey.
'I can help you help yourself' another one.
Loads!
Bit of a crossover post this (could be in Unsung), but to return to the matter in hand, there is something extremely sinister about this Scientology fer sure.It does go beyond being a bit 'wacky'. Will it eventually take over from the Xtian right in America? Horrible as it is, it seems there is something on this planet even worse than that!

x
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Apr 03, 2008, 09:51
It's a bit weird to know that Beck is a scientologist. I like a lot of his stuff. I just try to enjoy the music and forget that he's whack.

It'll never overtake Christianity in the USA, of that I'm sure. But yeah, they are creepy, with their armies of lawyers going on the attack every time someone denounces them. Definitely a cult.

I can't for the life of me imagine how anyone can take seriously a 'religion' that was started by a third-rate hack pulp sci-fi writer. Their 'lore' is completely laughable, worse than the worst half-baked straight-to-video movie plot.

When Issac Hayes quit South Park, it really became clear just how humourless this cult is about themselves. It was OK for Hayes to poke fun at every other faith and sacred cow under the sun, but when it came to his adopted creed, he got all self-righteous. Trey and Matt skewered him pretty well for that... bless their irreverent little hearts.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Apr 03, 2008, 10:17
handofdave wrote:

When Issac Hayes quit South Park, it really became clear just how humourless this cult is about themselves. It was OK for Hayes to poke fun at every other faith and sacred cow under the sun, but when it came to his adopted creed, he got all self-righteous. Trey and Matt skewered him pretty well for that... bless their irreverent little hearts.

Hehe that episode is great. Is that the same one where Travolta and Cruise (locked in a cupboard) are royally trounced? Or were there a few Scientology ones?
Souhtpark always does just stop itelf short when it comes to Islam though. Whether it's out of fear or some clever irony, still works!
Shame the show ain't what it ised to be:-(

x
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Apr 03, 2008, 10:59
shanshee_allures wrote:

Shame the show ain't what it ised to be:-(

Have you seen it lately? I'm actually surprised how funny it actually is.

I figured it would slump after series 2 or three so I left it for a few years, but watching the more recent stuff on Paramount it does tend to make me laugh a lot. (thread diversion no. 2)

As for scientology though, if there was a sinister plot to decrease the worlds population through manufactured wars and deliberate social self-destruction in order to create a subjective utopia full of like minded "chosen" people, you can be pretty sure scientology figures into it somewhere along the line. They do afterall believe they will be saved in a spaceship or something...

It's a pretty big IF though.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Apr 03, 2008, 11:18
shanshee_allures wrote:
Trey and Matt skewered him pretty well for that... bless their irreverent little hearts.

Is that the same one where Travolta and Cruise (locked in a cupboard) are royally trounced? Or were there a few Scientology ones?[/quote]

That was the episode that put Hayes off his feed, I guess. No, the one where the SP boys get back at Hayes for being a hypocrite was the one where Chef joins a pedophile club and stops being interested in women.
As Hayes had already left the show, they spliced together bits and pieces of old dialog for him (which was pretty funny in itself).

At the end, Chef dies but is resurrected in a spoof of the 'birth' of Darth Vader from the final episode of the star wars prequel trilogy.

South Park can still make me laugh... it's not always worthy of true ROTFLMAO but it's still appreciated for the way it swiftly goes after its cultural targets. Last night they made fun of the writers strike by having Canada go on strike for 'more money from the internet'... there was a very funny scene where the kids create a youTube hit and go in search of the 'virtual millions' that they're 'owed', and encounter some of the other 'stars' of the web, including the hysterical 'Leave Brittany Alone!' girl.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index