75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Stupid old fart
Feb 09, 2008, 14:25
shanshee_allures wrote:
Eh, is it so different? You are basically concurring with the fact that in this context Sharia law is subject to clearance from what is acceptable here.

I know Williams hasn't become the king of Britain or nowt, I thought depsite the fuzziness of my wording you'd underatand that's not what I meant.

But it still amounts to Muslims being told they can have their Sharia laws only if they comply with and do not cotravene ours. And some might resent that. Extremsits might demand all or nowt, and moderates might find it too arbitrary to bother with. Isn't your chosen church all you need for spiritual guidance?
Simple.

And I bet there still won't be any women appointed in these courts (and of course homoesexuals can just forget it1), and I'd hop that alone would make it unacceptable to you or any well thinking person here.
x

Look, I'm not supporting Sharia, OK?

I just don't know how ANY right-thinking person can say that Jews are allowed to have their own civil courts so long as they do not contravene local laws (including laws of sexual equality), but Muslims cannot.

If you can explain why you think that's OK, then please do.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index