sick west

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
221 posts

Pah science!
Apr 18, 2002, 11:28
How do they know that the mesoliths ate mainly meat anyway? Theyd have to be pretty nifty with the old flint spear. Lets face it, it probably was as much nuts and berries and leaves because they are easier to hunt down.

I do actually agree with your wife. I often think the healthiest diet is that practised by many vegetarians who 'weaken' on occasion and eat meat or fish. I hate the way some people see this as a sign of weakness, surely its better to stick by your principles 90% of the time than no at all. I cant face the idea of meat or fish, though have been subjected to them by stupid people and necessity probably once in every 2 of the last 18 years. I like to think it did me good.(?)

But I maintain that if the mesoliths did eat mainly meat, maybe they did have good teeth ( they all died before their teeth rotted?) but terrible guts. Maybe they had good teeth for another reason. They ate chalkpaste? They invented floss. Who knows...

The contradiction here is immense, it may not be obvious, but on the one hand Im flagging up any old bit of research as a 'proof' (like there is such a thing!!!) and on the other Im poo-pooing any research that I dont like the results of. Thats science, and I love it and hate it all at one moment.

U-Know! Forum Index