Zeitgeist the movie

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Zeitgeist the movie
Aug 25, 2007, 17:48
i don't know if any of you lot have posted this before but it's worth doing again just in case.

it's two hours long so get yourself comfy, but watch it, you have to watch it. it really is worth two hours of your life.

it's conspiracy based, it covers the new world order.............i just deleted a load of babble about it that i wrote to tempt you in but i'd certainly do it no credit with my clumsy review technique.

there was a part in it though where a man stood in front of an audience and ranted about the industrialists and bankers that decide our fates and he shouted in a tired ragged voice "i'm human goddamnit, my life has value" nuffsaid

as i say you all probably know about this movie, but if you haven't seen it then watch it.

come the revolution baby xx

google zeitgeistthemovie.com or just follow your nose
bernie the bolt
bernie the bolt
189 posts

Re: Zeitgeist the movie
Aug 26, 2007, 10:01
Sounds worthy of a watch. Will do so this week fella!
bernie the bolt
bernie the bolt
189 posts

Aug 26, 2007, 10:24
Watched a 10 minute bit... got depressed and angry but was impressed. Probably gonna buy it if I can, and maybe get a few spares. Glad you flagged this movie up.

I think this will take peeps straight to it:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/index.html
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Aug 27, 2007, 08:46
wish i could do that red thing. nice one
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Aug 27, 2007, 10:58
Shelby Mustang wrote:
wish i could do that red thing.

You need to prefix the address with "http://"

www.shelbymustangisace.com will just be a word.

http://www.shelbymustangisace.com will be a red thing.
bernie the bolt
bernie the bolt
189 posts

Aug 27, 2007, 11:49
Shelby Mustang wrote:
wish i could do that red thing. nice one

Shelby dude, I didn't know I'd done it!
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Aug 27, 2007, 16:28
The whole movie
Aug 27, 2007, 16:13
Right here
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Re: The whole movie
Aug 27, 2007, 20:57
fucking ace. . . . 'Right here' in red too, you cool bastard!x

i've never pressured anyone to anything and i'm not going to start but by dint of fact i'm saying i've never pressured anyone into doing anything and i'm not going to start i'm doing just that. natta?

Yeah' the first ten minutes are pretty heavy going but if you can weather that then you're in. it's beautifully put together...i'm off again...
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Aug 28, 2007, 00:10
Aug 27, 2007, 22:56
I enjoyed the analysis of the pagan roots of Christianity, but then it leaps back into the usual conspiracy.

Christianity is a myth? Sure. I don't have a problem with that.

Religion is a tool used to control society. Fine. I agree.

Christianity is a myth, and religion is a tool used to control society, therefore the WTC towers were brought down by the US government? Sorry but this is a deliberate and disingenuous argument. I'll keep watching, but I suspect that I've heard it all before, and however slickly it's presented, I doubt it will offer me any new insight.

Edit:

To be more specific.

at around 47 minutes in, the video claims that no wreckage was found at the pentagon.

In fact lots of wreckage, including human remains was found.

"Despite the destructive fire that raged inside the impact area on 9/11, pieces of debris were visible on 9/13 and 9/14, and were photographed by recovery workers. These photos clearly show pieces of landing gears, a large turbofan engine, and fuselage. The evidence inside the building is consistent with the evidence of plane wreckage outside -- indicating that a commercial airliner flew into the Pentagon on September 11th."

The above quote, along with photographs can be found here: http://www.rense.com/general32/phot.htm

More can be found here, showing clearly aircraft debris.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html?page=6

That's just one example, but the half hour of video I'm watching right now hangs upon this statement.

"The 9:11 myth

19 Hijackers, directed by Osama B Laden, took over 4 commercial jets with box-cutters and, while evading the Air Defense system (NORAD), hit 75% of their targets. In turn, W. Trade towers 1,2 and 7 collapsed due to structural failure through fire in a "pancake" fashion, while the plane that hit the pentagon vapourised upon impact, as did the plane that crashed in Shanksville. The 911 commission found that there were no warnings for this act of terrorism, while multiple government failures prevented adequate defense."

So the zeitgeist film defines what the "myth" is, then sets about debunking it. Yet the definition is flawed. I'm still only about an hour into it, but it really does seem to be a rehash of the same old nonsense.

And watching some more. And editing this further.

At 57 minutes, the video talks about how WTC 7 is brought down by a controlled explosion. The reason given is that they didn't want to damage surrounding buildings.

What?

They've just demolished the Twin Towers, and killed thousands of people, but they're worried about WTC7 damaging surrounding buildings? Perhaps people might be angry or something.

Just the 3 towers and 3000 deaths just aren't enough to make people sit up and take notice.

Hmmmm. So which is the real conspiracy? Loose change's cruise missiles? or Zeitgeist's thermite?

I think we should be told.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Aug 28, 2007, 00:00
I have never bought that the WTC attacks were a US government conspiracy, tho if you ever have read of what some itchy anticommunists in the pentagon had drawn up back in the sixties, it's enough to blanche a lump of coal.*

HOWEVER!!!!

I DO, FERVENTLY! believe that many took crass advantage of the attacks for ill-gotten gain.

And I'd go so far as to say that the Bush administration had a pretty fucking good idea that something big was imminent, but decided not to act (because they foresaw the political advantages for them of allowing a big attack on US soil to proceed).

*'Project Northwoods' = bombing a US city and blaming it on Cuba in order to launch a full out invasion of Cuba.. JFK nixed that heinous idea in a hurry.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index