U-Know! Forum »
The Future of Customer Service

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

The Future of Customer Service
Mar 06, 2007, 16:36
My fecking cellphone company apparently has sold off a division or something. What used to be a direct call that took all of two minutes now takes two hours of listening to blaringly bad hold music and dropped connections.

I had to provision a new cellphone this morning & I've been on hold, or getting disconnected, or listening to people tell me that I have to undergo some kind of elaborate phone 'programming' that had bore no relation at all to the phone I was using....all bleedin' morning.

Ah! it finally is working as we speak. Still, what a pain in the ass. I'm displeased to the extreme.

Rant over.

Don't use Sprint.
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: The Future of Customer Service
Mar 08, 2007, 17:17
It's good to vent, and community message boards like this are the place, but for that sort of thing on HH, you wanna be over at The Village Pump and leave U-Know for the moral and political rants.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Mar 08, 2007, 19:40
Merrick wrote:
It's good to vent, and community message boards like this are the place, but for that sort of thing on HH, you wanna be over at The Village Pump and leave U-Know for the moral and political rants.

Well, it might be a stretch but this kind of rampant disregard for the consumer is politically and morally connected. I'm paying a company for a service that continually downgrades the level of service I get. It might not be illegal or immoral in the same sense as a violent crime, but it's still wrong.

You're right tho- I guess this is annoying but hardly of world importance.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Mar 08, 2007, 20:40
handofdav wrote:

Well, it might be a stretch but this kind of rampant disregard for the consumer is politically and morally connected. I'm paying a company for a service that continually downgrades the level of service I get. It might not be illegal or immoral in the same sense as a violent crime, but it's still wrong.

You're right tho- I guess this is annoying but hardly of world importance.

I think it all belongs here HOD. Who the feck isn't effected by the decline in how we're treated when we deign to do the 'consumer' bit? Now, to post it over at TMA would make you a daft sausage indeed!
x
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Mar 08, 2007, 21:35
shanshee_allures wrote:
Now, to post it over at TMA would make you a daft sausage indeed!
x

Well, (straightening up in chair, stroking beard), you know, there are prehistoric underpinnings to shabby customer relations, as evidenced by the megalithic structure's general disrepair, a symptom of indifference by the parent company hired in 1850 BC to 'maintain, groom, and otherwise keep said structures in good repair'. The breakdowns in company service were in evidence by the millenium, and in full-blown decay one hundred years after the initial warning signs. All scrolls, tablets, memory-poet and wizardly means of attempting contact with the hired corporation remains, to this day, unanswered blah blah blah...
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Mar 09, 2007, 14:46
Yeah...
x
U-Know! Forum Index