Register
U-Know! Forum »
How to get rid of the turdman

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Annexus Quam
926 posts

How to get rid of the turdman
Feb 19, 2002, 15:36
The US government thugs, not content with pissing off their ‘enemies’ (all those that are not ‘with them’), are now pissing off their allies. Massive angry anti-American demonstrations this time in South Korea, one of the US closest allies. All the recent rapprochement efforts between North and South down the drain, thanks to Dubya’s good-versus-evil pseudo-christian childish fantasies. But a glimmer of hope – (cos I’m an eternal optimist) - since most South Koreans are against American attitude then why not unite against the arrogant fuckers? And let the US isolate itself even more. I've never seen so much antiamerican feeling in the West either. ‘Somebody’ has got to stop them. I mean the majority (95%), the rest of the ‘civilised’ world, for fucks sake. Even Blair is distancing himself, or is he just waiting to see how the others act so as to show us his smiley glare?

Or maybe the solution lies within the US itself, since this post-coldwar post-menstrual farce is their internal problem. How to prevent the arsebrains from
maintaining power in the next election when their popularity's skyrocketed after the Afghan B-52 carpet bombings? I mean, even though the US will be fucked for a long time without Dubya, it's taught me that the Democrats, though still fundamentalist christian worshippers + frustrated corporate arselickers, are indeed lesser-evils. Or aren't they?

Politically isolated and ostracised or attempt to be best mates like Blair has done?
embryonomore
embryonomore
853 posts

Re: How to get rid of the turdman
Feb 19, 2002, 16:51
absoluticus!

I heard a rumour about some conspiricy whereby when the americans entered the second world war a treaty was signed declaring that Britain must supportt America in all world affairs for the next 100 years. Fact or fantasy, it goes someway to justifying Mr Blairs position as US foreign secretary.

I posted a fear of America in the Waco messages. If the rest of the world were to say "enough's enough" to the US after the set up of space missile defence programmes, we are all essentially fucked.

Someone should spike Dubya with some acid and reprogramme his hollow little mind.

8 hours to achieve world peace? I'm willing to try!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Feb 19, 2002, 18:33
Sadly, I reckon most right-thinking people new that Bush's "election" to power wouild be a disaster in terms of foreign policy. He seems tohave no regard for anything other than America's economic interests (hence his refusal to adopt the terms of the Kyoto treaty, and his hints that America may invade other middle eastern countries like Iran and Iraq at the first sign of trouble).

Hopefully, as you say Annexus, if his allies (such as Korea) do start turning against him this MAY be a step in the right direction as it could ultimately force him to reconsider his position. However, given his penchant for jingoistic isolationism, we can't be too sure. One thing is certain however ; Bush is becoming as dangerously out of touch with reality as Thatcher or Reagan ever were, and I can only hope it doesn't have a knock-on effect on the next British election. An alliance containing both Dubya and Ian Duncan-Smith would take us right back to the zetigeist of the 80s and the Cold War.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Feb 20, 2002, 08:36
Do you really think that Ian Duncan-Smith would, ney COULD be worse than the Reverand Tony?

I don't they are one and the same. Puppets of the self-proclaimed-master-race.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Feb 20, 2002, 10:08
you may very well be right. i don't dispute the possibility. but, then again, i remember lots (and lots) of people being quite cynical over my warnings about dubya prior to the last US elections. There was much insistence that both Gore and Bush were two sides of the same coin and it made no difference who got in.

And whilst that may have been true to some extent; i'm fairly certain that we wouldn't currently be crapping ourselves about the current unprecedented military build-up by the US, the unilateral withdrawal from Kyoto, the ABM treaty, the Bio-Weapons Monitoring Treaty and the nuclear test ban as well as the just plain scary rightwing rhetoric that seems to spew forth whenever he opens his mouth (Gore may have been a bit wet - but at least he was smart and educated... can you imagine him doing the "Axis of Evil" thing?)

i don't want to appear like his bestest buddy or anything (cos i'm far from it), but i firmly believe the world would be in a far better state today, if he'd prevailed in that rather dodgy election. He'd still have been compelled by the military-industrial complex to respond to the WTC attacks with force - but i'd put money on him having handled it with far less gung ho "i'm gonna destabilise the entire world with my cowboy politics" shennanigans.

sometimes the lesser of two evils really is the preferable option; though with Blair and IDS? Well, in that scenario the lesser of two evils is clearly Charles Kennedy (and no, i'm certainly not a Lib-Dem... just calling it as i see it right now).
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Feb 20, 2002, 13:10
Actually, given his past as a soldier in Britain's "peacekeeping" force in Northern Ireland and his dodgy far-right connections, I reckon there's every possibility that IDS would turn out to be worse than Blair. He seems to be keeping a relatively low profile at the moment - trying to present himself as a moderate - but I think it's pretty likely that if he did ever get elected he'd show his true colours very soon afterwards.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Feb 20, 2002, 13:32
IDS becoming leader of the Tories is something that still mystifies me completely. Cos essentially what it means is that the "Tory faithful" believe that Britain really liked William Hague; they just didn't think he was sinister and Right Wing enough!

Or am i missing something about Duncan-Smith? Isn't he just Hague, but a bit further right? It's weird.

Oh, and did anyone see Bush's speech in South Korea last night? Excuse my shouting but; HOW IS THIS MAN GETTING GOOD PRESS???

He's clearly about as intelligent as your average chipmunk... i mean, the man can't string three words together! He stood there before the assembled world press, and spewed utter nonsense... i mean TOTAL SHITE... for 10 minutes. i just had an image of an intellectually-challenged redneck on a heavy dose of ketamine trying to "maintain". It's excruciating - but there's a car wreck quality about it all...

And then the next day you read about how he's got the highest approval ratings of any president; journos (not just American ones either) gush about his leadership qualities and how he's the perfect president for his times.

HE'S NOT! WAKE UP! PLEASE WAKE UP!

He's a dangerous fanatic who can't even manage to eat snack food and remain conscious at the same time! He almost never uses words above two syllables (seriously! unless it's the obvious ones, like "American" or "Terrorist") and then when he does, he gets them wrong (see the whole devaluation vs. deflation debacle that sent the Yen into freefall).

He really does my head in (does it show?) but it really really scares me that he's got such a high approval rating... cos if the American people genuinely believe this moron is the right man to be dealing with what's happening right now... well, i'm sorry, but that speaks volumes about where the American psyche is at currently. And no, i don't think Sept 11th is any justification for supporting this cowboy on his mission to start world war 3.

sorry for the rant.

ooops... i think that's the CIA at the door... if you don't hear from me again - look for me in Cuba. . . . . . . . . . .
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Self destruction - cash and faith
Feb 23, 2002, 15:05
It was scary after Sep 11th to think about the aftermath, how America would take revenge. A brutal response to get re-elected was so bound to happen, I have even thought Bin Laden is Bush's best friend, that's why they never caught him and they'll never catch him. Too far-fetched I know but the terrorist act was clearly breeding ground for the filthy dick of patriotism to spring up at the first chance, appeal to the basic instincts and, voila! - a dumbwit's got a whole country giving head to him and waving stars and stripes at the same time.

Yet, these approval ratings now exceed my wildest expectations. One thing is true, most Americans (I hope) wouldn't be so offended by accusations of mass slaughter and crimes against humanity if they really sat down to think about it. To quote the Guardian again, 'they still don't know why they're hated'.

Now the US Government have the cynicism to refer to the 'rogue states' as 'the most dangerous countries with the *most dangerous weapons*. For fuck's sake, isnt' that precisely what the United Shames of America ARE? Nobody really believes North Korea can ever be a threat, the little bugger that has fucked up the country is too bothered with it or his southern neighbour to really care about the outside world. It's like the Soviet Union had never existed and the cold war had happened between Albania and the US.

Who's got the most dangeous weapons right now then (as well as the largest number)? Even anthrax is an American thing, quickly covered up in the midst of the Afghan show. Perhaps the problem is *within* the US, and not OUTSIDE. These tactics are so bloody typical of (bad) politicians.

But this time, it may get even worse for him - since Money and Religion are the only sacred things that define American culture and tradition, Enron may mean his downfall.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Self destruction - cash and faith
Feb 23, 2002, 19:22
>> Enron may mean his downfall.

Let's hope so.
U-Know! Forum Index