U-Know! Forum »
Yard Chief calls for legalisation

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Re: P.C.P.
Jul 02, 2002, 15:06
Ever since I was a nipper I've had these occasional urges to apply for the police. I had one of these strange moments last Friday. Needless to say once I shared it I was immediately gunned down by the two friends I was with accompanied by the usual cries of 'why would you want to be a pig' and endless anecdotes of how dastardly the police are, when they arrested so-and-so, when they beat up whoever, etc etc.
It's just an idle fantasy based on an urge to do something worthwhile and 'useful' etc etc. When I actually think about it I realise it's a utopian dream - it's like anything in the system, it's like any capitalist company. If you don't fit in and toe the line you won't get on, likely you'll be forced out. If you grin and bear it, becoming somebody else, you'll go mad. You can't pick the laws you want to enforce and ignore ones you think are silly or trivial (shame). Anything that picks you out as different (even being female) is going to put you at a disadvantage.

Anyway, I always tell myself I'd never pass the fitness test anyway. It#s probably that I just want to exercise my brain and be paid for it for a change.

U-Know! Forum Index