Yard Chief calls for legalisation

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Yard Chief calls for legalisation
Feb 19, 2002, 14:13
Actually RG, i'm usually one of the more cynical folks when it comes to the police. i believe society needs a police force - sadly, but feel that the majority of people attracted to the job are those with a propensity to abuse the power it grants them.

However, i also firmly believe that there are people who join it for "the right reasons" and who are decent, honest, *good* people. To deny that possibility is to generalise in a rather abhorrent way in my opinion (my parents are good friends with a couple in West Cork who are both local police... and trust me, they are *good* people).

This article was a pleasant surprise to me because i'm frankly amazed that one of those decent ones could ever make it so far up the ladder (jeez - just being openly gay, you'd think, would've prevented the guys promotion!)

i'm not saying we should all dash out and join the force or anything ;-) Just that this one guy genuinely seems to be there for the right reasons. And that's a (very minor) cause for celebration.

Or am i wrong?

U-Know! Forum Index