You can sleep safe in your beds tonight

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Dec 17, 2006, 00:30
You can sleep safe in your beds tonight
Dec 16, 2006, 16:43
Now that these evil pusher scum are to be removed from society.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6183637.stm
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Dec 16, 2006, 16:56
Re: You can sleep safe in your bed tonight
Dec 16, 2006, 16:55
God, what MONSTERS!

My late friend Peter, who suffered and died from complications brought on by Scleraderma, used to joke that his doctors were so full of shit when they'd tell him that he shouldn't use marijuana because it brought on a 'false sense of euphoria'.
Who the fuck is anyone to tell someone else in such an unenviable state that ANY kind of euphoria is 'false'?
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Dec 16, 2006, 17:26
It's always the fact that you might be dodging the taxman more than anything else that the courts worry about.
I have been to several parties in my younger days when the poilce have came out 'coz the music was too loud, and although the smell of hashish was evident to even someone with no nose (or something), they didn't bother a jot about it.
There was even this one time when there it was, the whole cliche'd album sleeve, rolling papers, dismantled clipper lighter, big lump o' hash...I'll give the pigs that one, I think they welcome the relaxation (here in the UK) on those who have the odd puff or two. As much as the stuff doesn't agree with me anymore, it is I beleive one of the most benign highs a person can enjoy.
When are they going to arrest the monks of Buckfast Abbey, for fuck sake?
x
Sootickle
Sootickle
1039 posts

Re: You can sleep safe in your beds tonight
Dec 17, 2006, 21:31
They are an easy target, bet they get a disproportionatly high sentence. Catching the real criminals requires a lot of effort compared to catching these people.
Lupus
Lupus
641 posts

Dec 21, 2006, 13:07
'false sense of euphoria'
I was once told the same by a fundamentalist christian preacher! ;=D
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Dec 21, 2006, 14:56
Lupus wrote:
'false sense of euphoria'
I was once told the same by a fundamentalist christian preacher! ;=D

Well, to be fair, they know something about natural euphoria. A big part of their shtick, and what keeps people coming to them, is that they know how to work a crowd and crank up the endorphins... they are like rock stars, it's a shared culture of personality, a centerpoint for the crowd's merged energy.

Don't get me wrong, I find it fascinating on one level and on another these people freak me out. Having a militantly dogmatic and fanatical belief system AND being charismatic? What a nasty cocktail.
Lupus
Lupus
641 posts

Dec 22, 2006, 09:39
I've been to a couple of their meetings/sermons and what really freaked me out was that I for a moment felt a need to join in!
Lupus
Lupus
641 posts

Dec 22, 2006, 09:44
"Having a militantly dogmatic and fanatical belief system AND being charismatic? What a nasty cocktail."

A nasty coctail indeed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Reichsparteitag.jpg#file
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: You can sleep safe in your beds tonight
Dec 22, 2006, 10:25
Our very own Prime Minister is a war criminal.
Everything's upside down.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Dec 22, 2006, 15:04
Lupus wrote:
"Having a militantly dogmatic and fanatical belief system AND being charismatic? What a nasty cocktail."

A nasty coctail indeed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Reichsparteitag.jpg#file

Hitler... the ultimate evil preacher... yep.
U-Know! Forum Index