£25 for fourbyfours in London

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mercian
mercian
302 posts

Re: £25 for fourbyfours in London
Nov 19, 2006, 14:22
Yes i think car slob Jeremy Clarkson tried to destroy one once.He left it on Burnham beach for the tide to cover it . Tide went out and it started up. 4x4`s are great in the Afgan mountains. but not in Chelsea..
silogut
silogut
432 posts

Nov 20, 2006, 03:47
and the whole thing is alot more heavier by nature of the design.
Mister_Mister
25 posts

Re: £25 for fourbyfours in London IS NOT ENOUGH
Nov 20, 2006, 17:49
That is a very good price to pay for parking a fat guzzle machine in West Ken's living room. He should up the price into super league so they pay attention and no casual driving into zone C. Casual driving kills the ecosystem like Beeching killed your railways. Also Americans.
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Nov 21, 2006, 18:45
"But my job requires me to drive!"

You'll have to forgive me if I take into account the damage you're doing, and say "I don't give a fuck".

I am assuming you'll walk to the hospital next time you require an ambulance?

;-)
Brother Johnno
Brother Johnno
428 posts

Nov 21, 2006, 18:53
Craig, you are spot on but unfortunately opening up a debate you can't win in these parts.
Bjx
p.s.
i'm off to buy a Hummer!
;>)
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Nov 21, 2006, 18:53
"If he wanted to do something to ease congestion and help Londoners he should get all the eastern european cars off the streets as I'm pretty sure they pay no road tax, have no British insurance, pay no congestion charge, and generally operate outside of any of our motoring laws. Mind you, I guess that's me shifting the argument with a racist statement?"

It's not a racist statement. Whilst I was on holiday, me boss took on a Bulgarian. He only had a Bulgarian Licence and has been driving around for 12 years illegally. I couldn't provide him with a vehicle (essential for his role) and had to let him go. Prior to this, I tried to get him through his test, going above and beyond by translating things into Russian for him as his reading English was poor, but he didn't manage it. Lovely fella, just not legal to drive. Judging by the amount of Police stop checks they do in NW London, he isn't the only one.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Nov 21, 2006, 19:31
The current bands and example vehicles:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4834480.stm

Brother Johnno - I don't drive, so I can't really comment on this from the ownership point of view. But...is it not possible to have another type of vehicle that will carry your equipment?
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Nov 22, 2006, 09:03
(those are just ordinary car tax you realise, not the london congestion thingy?)
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Nov 22, 2006, 14:32
Ah.

(returns to car ignorance corner)
jshell
333 posts

Oh Bollox
Nov 23, 2006, 19:37
It's the full £210 for my ML then, even if it is diesel and I get 30 mpg - cnuts!
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index