Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
9/11 (or 11/9 for Brits) -All You Ever Needed To Know!

52 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
odannyboy
82 posts

Re: 9/11 (or 11/9 for Brits) -All You Ever Needed
Sep 24, 2006, 09:12
grufty jim wrote:
The thing is... conspiracy theorists generally give those in power way too much credit. When I was working as an engineering consultant I used to meet with people very high up the food chain (as it were)... CEOs of major multinationals, politicians, power-brokers of one kind or another. And one thing struck me above all others; those people are just as liable to fuck up as anyone else.

The conspiracy theorist view of the world is that those at the top are hyper-efficient, never make mistakes, never let secrets slip and never (ever) get a crisis of conscience. Thankfully (or not) that's just not the case. They are human - corrupted by power certainly - but still human.

The idea that the Bush administration could orchestrate a cover up that would need to involve hundreds of individuals, and not a single one of those individuals would make a revealing mistake, is plain silly.

As I've said before, I'm not claiming that those in power wouldn't commit mass murder (they're doing it all the time in far-off lands after all). But it simply makes no sense that they would carry out the September 11th attacks and that the only people who would find out about it are teenage internet geeks studying news footage.

Without mistakes there would be nothing for the conspiracy theorist to shout about. Despite the obvious contradictions surrounding events like 911 and 7/7, a lot of individuals ignore the overwhelming facts in favour of the official conspiracy theory simply because the truth is too scary to contemplate.

Dan :-{)
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index