Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
9/11 (or 11/9 for Brits) -All You Ever Needed To Know!

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jshell
333 posts

9/11 (or 11/9 for Brits) -All You Ever Needed To Know!
Sep 20, 2006, 10:35
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons
dee
1955 posts

Re: 9/11 (or 11/9 for Brits) -All You Ever Needed To Know!
Sep 21, 2006, 12:09
Hmmm....
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 21, 2006, 13:41
Hmmm what?!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060919/ap_en_ot/books_presidential_doodles_1
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Sep 21, 2006, 15:24
That there is no conspiracy? I knew that. :-)

x
dee
1955 posts

Sep 22, 2006, 08:25
I would keep an open mind on this....just one websites opinion.....ive seen plenty of evidence to suggest that it was an inside job...
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Sep 22, 2006, 08:42
It has been compared to Pearl Harbour more than once.
dee
1955 posts

Sep 22, 2006, 10:40
Too right Kid C!!
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Sep 22, 2006, 17:51
dee wrote:
ive seen plenty of evidence to suggest that it was an inside job...

Really? Actual evidence, or conjecture and theory dressed up as evidence?
caramelsauce
24 posts

Sep 22, 2006, 18:54
It's nice to see some posts about the ridiculousness of the conspiracy theories that appear on 9/11 self - inflicted. There's a number of issues that i can't answer regarding the technical details, but others have tried to address some of those already.

What is clear is that after 8 years of conflict in Afghanistan those who fought,and defeated what was a world super-power, had a huge amount of knowledge in fighting guerilla/non-traditional warfare. Much of this learnt from US/British special forces. (For anyone who didn't know the glut of smack that appeared on the streets of Britain and Europe in the early eighties was from Afghanistan - given the go-ahead by th US to pay for surface-to-air missiles which Congress were unwilling to pay for.)

There's also huge motivation to remove the Infidel from Islamic/Middle Eastern/Arabic territories. This is not just an old historical arguement, but within living memory/ongoing for many in the Middle East. So besides the obvious ongoing Palestinian problem, there is the attack on Egypt after the nationalisation of Suez, the CIA backed coup of Iran's democratically elected President in 1953 - this time for nationalising the Iranian Oil industry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Mossadegh.

There's plenty more examples of motive available, and plenty of evidence that the people who committed the attacks were well educated. Is it really possibel for the US to hire 19 well educated Muslims, to fly planes into the most spectacular terrorist attack in modern times (possible anytime).

None of the conspiracy theories ever mention Bin-Ladens previous attacks - The USS Cole, the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania. Is he also on the payroll? Was Mullah Omah of the Taleban on the US payroll?

I personally find many conspiracy theories objectionable in that it removes the power/ability of individuals to change Society, and that all power rests in the hands of 'powerful' states. (The histotian Andrew Roberts, member of the Tory party, believes only 3 people make important decisions in societies e.g. in the eighties Thatcher/Howe/Lawson. A great flaw of this arguement are demostrations like we saw against the Poll Tax, which led to Thatchers downfall, the suspension of road-building programmes when Blair came
to power, Rosa Parks' refusal to give up her seat inspiring the civil-rights movement in the US. etc. etc.)
dee
1955 posts

Sep 22, 2006, 19:56
Evidence TO suggest....listen, im not saying that i think that it was definately an inside job, but there are some grey areas and i definately wouldnt put it past Bush and his nutters. Fuck man, how many times have governments lied to press a point!!!
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index