Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Re: Why Cuba
Jan 20, 2002, 14:16
Cuna - because:

The prisoners are not technically in US so therefore various Human Rights laws don't have to be followed.

Also, they can be tried by the military and not through law corts. Easier, cheaper and death penalty can be dished out alot easier.

Clever eh??
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Jan 20, 2002, 22:25
clever and quite disgusting too.
thanks for the answer and god bless america.
RiotGibbon
1527 posts

Irish prisoners
Jan 21, 2002, 09:06
anybody else watch "Bloody Sunday" last night?

I think the basic message is "don't let soldiers be prison warders or policemen"

they can't handle it, get frustrated and start killing people - they can't help it, that's what they're trained to do

RG
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Re: Irish prisoners
Jan 21, 2002, 09:20
I didn't see it last night but I'm sure what you said is a fair summary. However, for some amusingly ill informed comments see:

http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2002%2F01%2F21%2Fwblud21.xml

"Dana Lay, 27, of Austin, Texas, admitted that she knew nothing of the event before seeing the film, but said: "The terrible thing was that it was all so believable. It is disgusting that Britain would ever have released armed soldiers on innocent civilians.""

Of course that would never happen in the US (cough cough
http://jmc-reunion2000.freeservers.com/
etc.) If only they'd got Mel Gibson to star in it!
landells
landells
680 posts

Jan 21, 2002, 13:03
also means that american muslims (or anyone else) can't stage protests directly outside
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Re: Afghan prisoners
Jan 21, 2002, 14:20
And you think they deserve food, a bed etc? I don't think so. Imagine if it was a relation of yours who had suffered. Are you seriously telling us that you would forgive there evil and lalalalalala little fairy pixies, flowers all nice etc. Bollocks.
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Re: Watch that Pariah, it'll be you next
Jan 21, 2002, 14:33
A picture speaks a thousand words. Has anyone here actually read any 'words' about the treatment of these people? Or are we all beliving whatever journalist, who ISNT anywhere near Cuba, in whatever paper, says about cages and shit. There was a thing written by a psycologist about their 'treatment' - you can pay anyone to say whatever about anything - which even I KNOW is bollocks.

I have friends in the military, one of which has been treated VERY similarly to the orange suited dudes. This was part of a course in escaping an enemy. They were treated thus after being caught.

Now, I have asked him about the treatment of these peolpe (he has served and experienced - he is not A JUMPED UP FUCKING HACK WORKING TO FURTHER THEIR SHIT SUCKING CAREER), he explained what the American had done and why they did it. They contradict the local rags in almost everyway. I know who I believe, and personally I couldn't give a fuck about any of the fuckers anyway. Remember what they did and who they are.

One line I keep reading 'cages open to the elements'................sounds terrible.............anyone bothered to check the geographical locations climate. It's very temperate with near zero rain and nights rarely drop below 12oC even in winter. Well bugger me.......my house is colder and less appealing than that.
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Re: beards
Jan 21, 2002, 14:45
I've had enough of this.

"Sick joy ride for US troops"

I work with 3 exmilitary (offficers) personell (all Artilary, similar to the Marines). I can't fathom this sort of generalistic, simpleminded, soundbite bollocks.

My closest workmate spent 8 months in Bosnia and saw some horrific shit. He had to take 45 approx prisoners after a small enclave of serbs surrendered. They were forced to take the men in as they were advancing on territory. As RSM (look it up) he was responsible for the treatment of the serbs. His own men had to sacrifice food and gear so as they could be looked after and kept alive, no one treated them badly, and many became friends.

I don't think there are many people (forces or otherwise) who take pleasure in the torture and belittling of other people. Question the powers at be sure, but how dare you insult the troop of USAM like that.
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Jan 21, 2002, 14:52
yeah rite, it's pretty obvious why they're in cuba...I mean, here's the states and their boasting of democracy and human rights and civilization, they should be even ++better++ than any other nation if it they really really were on the forefront, and they behave in such a third-world-country-with-nasty-dictator manner.

They didn't have water or proper toilet access, I hear? I mean, it's not just whether the talibans are fed and amused properly, it's the ludicrous display of fear+hatred+revenge without any reason at all. A different war? Yeah, in the sense that the American gov has once more shown how little they know about human rights in this one and what a farcical propaganda-infested tit-for-tat little rat mentality they have. Not forgetting the 6,000-plus innocent victims killed in Afghanistan, I think they got what they wanted - revenge. Different war my arse!
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Re: Watch that Pariah, it'll be you next
Jan 21, 2002, 15:00
in some points you're right there, but I'll correct the temperature - it's now around 26 degrees celsius there, though surely that's not quite what I am afraid of. We all know they will be executed, hey, this is Western civilization! How many people inside the US Government would be executed by an international law if there was one that allowed death penalty and the law was really unbiased? The orange guys there are wankers cos they once chose to fight and kill for the cause but so is the US Army methinks. What we see on the telly must be taken with caution as well as what the US Army/Gov may tell us. To me, both sides are equivalent. To hell with them both!
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index