39 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ron
ron
706 posts

Re: Paranoid
Jan 12, 2016, 19:15
Annexus Quam wrote:
"i firmly believe that the next 8 to 10 years or so will be the last in which the world has access to cheap oil (note: there's still plenty of oil, we've probably yet to use up half of it in total, the issue is the fact that we are reliant not on oil, but on *cheap* oil, and that will be what disappears when production starts to drop off, as a lot of geologists think will happen at the end of this decade)."

does this prediction include undrilled places like alaska? One of the few things I remember from school is that the US was reserving their own oil for themselves alone and for moments like the one you point out.

that would mean, they would be allowed to fuck up the planet at ease, delaying green technologies, while the rest struggle to make a living in a basically ultra-backward 1950s oil dependent economic system.

in other words, will the system ever be forced out of oil addiction?

I don't know where I got this one from but Master Morfe left a link one day and I made it into a document. Here's a quote:

"""The general, unspoken consensus of opinion amongst the hidden heads of the paranoid’s shadow government was that the Earth was royally and irredeemably fucked (as befits such a cosmic whore), and so—these “heads” reasoned—they may as well go on fucking her, while she’s still good for it. If this seems an overly vulgar way of speaking, we are simply endeavoring to illustrate as best as we are able the manner in which such hypothetical world-controllers, dedicated to the great indulgence as they would be, are likely to have perceived it themselves. At the same time as this merciless plundering and perpetual violation was continuing, then, the eyes of the future were being cast heavenward, towards that great, unexploited land beyond the sky. In other words: the great fucker’s dick was still in the whore, but his mind was on the virgin."""

should i divest me holdings in the energy sector rite now...?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index