U-Know! Forum »
BOYCOTT ESSO TODAY

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
AHAB
109 posts

BOYCOTT ESSO TODAY
Dec 01, 2001, 16:43
Today was the national campaign day, The aim was to have a picket at as many stations as possable accross the country. Did any one see any tigers in their town today? I would be interested to see what the spead was like, we had three in my town. Go to the website for more info www.stopesso.com these guys are the bigeest global warming villains on the planet, so join the boycott.
AHAB
109 posts

Re: BOYCOTT ESSO TODAY
Dec 04, 2001, 22:21
so thats a big fat no one then. nevermind, did my bit.
Schlager Man
118 posts

Dec 04, 2001, 23:29
Tells us more please...Living Germany & this is news to me...Although Super Furry Animals had a ban Esso sign at there gig in München on Sunday night!

Slán

S
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Dec 05, 2001, 00:21
Saw not a jot AHAB, but I live in the middle of outinthesticksville, and our locakl garage is some weird oil company.

I have spread the word for the campaign tho!

Get on yer bikes...

Morfe x
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Dec 05, 2001, 10:06
Out here in Ireland Esso are a fairly minor player (well at least around Dublin anyway) and the Irish are too laid back to go aprotesting in the cold.
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Dec 05, 2001, 23:10
I support that but I would include all the others as well. Boycotting never felt sweeter. As long as people have the power as consumers then they are fucked. The problem is how to turn the consumer coach potato into the consumer activist.

I was quite depressed yesterday to see that most of the people I work with this year don't think GM foods are an issue.

'After all, the fields are already all cross-pol-len-ated!!'

'If we said no to everything then we'd be living in the iron age'

I was thinking 'Lie back and relax, Mister Braincramp.'
AHAB
109 posts

Dec 08, 2001, 01:24
O.K all y6ou fuckwits, i will enlighten you, esso earnt 17 billion dollars in profit last year, not ONE cent goes towards renewable energy, they do not beleve that global warming excists!!!!!!they only fund into fossil fuels. they were the biggesy rfunders of GW Bush & therefore he cannot go into any environmental agreements because esso(exon Mobil) own his ass!!!!
don't go there, tell all your friends, you do not have to be an activist, just don't buy your petrol there be an informed consumer, COUCH POTATOE.
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Dec 08, 2001, 13:31
the question is (are you pissed brainless?) how to turn the consumer into an active consumer? if you can convert 10 people in the street this coming week, tell me.

read again, Mr Jesus Christ.

everyone here is aware of that and other issues and tells their friends and acquaintances about this and more without the need for your infantile talk.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Dec 08, 2001, 14:17
thanks, er... for the 'enlightenment'... er... i guess. sorry for being such a fuckwit and all, i'll try better next time AHAB, honest.
AHAB
109 posts

Dec 08, 2001, 17:26
i am SO sorry, i was very drunk. I don't think i'll be going on the pc again in that state. didn't mean to offend, i really don't thing anyone in here is a fuckwit, you are all probably much more informed than me.
grovel grovel, please forgive me. woops.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index