Afghanistan

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

the oil bit
Nov 09, 2001, 00:39
just skimmed that webpage, morfe... some pretty mad stuff. i have to admit, i have a soft spot for anyone who mentions the illuminati - even via a david icke quote.

the oil plans and information are all very out of date though (as is the map). it's a series of quotes taken out of context and given far more weight than they deserve (from what i can tell). i mean, the oil company in question (the ones making the 'report to congress') is Unocal (i recognise some of the quotes). they've completely disavowed all involvement in Afghanistan and have diverted their investments elsewhere (specifically they've shifted their Asian interests to the gas fields in Bangladesh and have just proposed a major investment in a pipeline linking Delhi to that supply - an infinitely more sensible option).

the way i see it, if afghanistan was a suitable transit route for a pipeline, then one would be built there. if it ever becomes a suitable route, then one *will* be built there. however, it currently is not suitable, and the bombing campaign there makes it even less suitable with each passing day.

and i truly believe that the US administration is fully aware of that. as i say, my theory is that they're bombing the place as a deliberate show of force because for the first time since the cold war there is evidence that america is under genuine threat... as i've said before - just imagine if those planes had had nukes on them! the thought makes me sick (and a wee bit fearful to be honest), and i imagine it's even freakier for those with the job of "keeping america safe". we're being told that the taliban and Al Qaida are almost synonymous. and we keep being told that pakistan was the principal sponsor of the taliban until quite recently. and pakistan proved it has nukes a little while back......

now, bombing afghanistan is going to make that whole tense situation far, far worse. but i still think that's why they're doing it.

i guess the main difference between me and the people who think it's all oil related, is they seem to believe that the US is there for clever, economic reasons; and i think they're there for dumb, political reasons.

(also, there's precious little evidence for the oil thing anyways - but i think i may have already mentioned that).

g.jim.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index