Afghanistan

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

oil conspiracy mad
Nov 07, 2001, 13:43
actually no, i don't think a person needs to be oil conspiracy mad to wonder about the possible motives of the US government in central asia. after all, afghanistan is quite close to the Caspian - and the US has had a history of taking drastic action to protect it's oil supplies.

it seems even stranger to imagine that there isn't some sort of hidden agenda. i mean, that's unprecedented!

but, after a long cold look, i really can't see oil figuring in all this in any great way. i honestly do think we are witnessing the instant reflex of an american government that thinks the best way to avoid future attacks is to demonstrate that anyone who tries it will find themselves on the end of violent and massive retribution.

we've heard a lot about the pakistan/taliban relationship, and the taliban/al-qaida relationship. there would seem to be a direct route from nuke-ownership to the guys who hijacked those planes, and that must freak out the US (it kind of freaks me out to be frank - though i kind of think bombing afghanistan is likely to accelerate nuclear-terrorism which is only one of the dreadful ironies in these events). as i say elsewhere, the spectre of nuclear terrorism no longer seems so distant when viewed from within a campaign of bio-terrorism.

imagine if those planes had nukes on them? seriously, just think about it...

THAT's what everyone is so concerned about, and THAT's why this 'war' is happening. dumb, but i think true.

g.jim.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index