Merrick....

79 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Hongnam / Lemon / Manao
Nov 07, 2005, 12:36
Emergency, get me some gaffa tape for my sides they are splitting.

Really now, you've gotta stop with this great comedic performance.

You know the bit where I said about 'the guy who accused people of saying things they didn't say'?

And you know the bit where I pointed out that this had already been said, and that restating initial points, especially if they're untrue, doesn't make your point, it just makes you look silly?

Think about that for a while, if you can. See if you can see why you're making yourself look sillier each post.

Holy said 'And if you really are lemon, your card is marked. And yes, I'm a bastard in a banning mood.'

As you've said it is a threat to ban you, and it is only a threat to ban you if you are Lemon, you have admitted that you are Lemon.

Shame the Manao log-in wasn't big enough to admit that.

Why anyone would want to stay on a political board that they don't really understand and are not welcome on is beyond me.

What a pathetic Billy No-Mates I would feel if I could only find a place where I wasn't wanted and had nothing to contribute, (and one hosted by a musician whose new albums I'm no longer interested in), as my best option for time online.

Certainly, ideas need to be examined and challenged but, as I and others have said to Lemon, Manao and Hongnam several times to no avail, making a provocative first statement and then repeating it in the face of contradictory ideas and evidence does not constitute debate. It is merely macho chest beating.

Allowing it is not allowing free speech, it actually discourages worthy contributors from making valid points if they do not want to be shouted at.

Really, the internet is full of places for reactionary table-thumping about things you won't/can't discuss intelligently, places where you'll be wanted and be valued.

Unless, of course, that doesn't matter to you and you just enjoy making yourself look stupid in order to mildly irritate people and get in the way of their talking about things sensibly. If that's the case, then well done. But I do think that, for own sense of self-worth in the longer term, perhaps there are things a tad less futile to be doing with your time.

Given that, just as with the Lemon and Manao sign-ins, Hongnam ignores considered requests to make sense and answer counterpoints, and instead picks on a small side-issue of dubious factual basis and holds on to it like an unhinged pit-bull at the expense of intelligent discussion, I for one think Holy's been to lenient already.

Trying to carry the slanging matches to other boards on this site, as has been done by Lemon and Hongnam, is wholly unacceptable.

It's not what the boards are for, it actively works to take the boards away from their intended and useful purpose.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index