Nuclear vs wind

64 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Re: Nuclear vs wind
Nov 04, 2005, 09:34
To stick my nose into someone elses discussion (again) I don't think that we are arguing that aviation is a good thing, and we have both agreed that ways should be found to reduce it to essential use only. We are never going to agree on what 'essential' means.

Maybe Hongnam could reduce his visits to once a year, but if you are in the business of buying and selling it is far cheaper to go the the place the product is manufactured in order to choose your stock than to have all the possible items shipped to you to make your decision.

Although I suspect you will argue the point, climate change is not even close to being an 'established fact'.

There is a vast amount of research out there and it is contradictory and interpreted differently dependant on the point of view the interpreter wishes to present. In terms of the natural changes in climate vs changes brought about by hydrocarbon use, there is not enough knowledge of natural weather patterns to establish how much is industrialisation and how much is nature.

Small example - much is made of the reduction in the antarctic ice cap. There are those that will tell you that this is entirely the fault of CO2 emissions. Other research reveals that this reduction has been taking place at a consistent rate for 400 years.

I understand your need to present Climate Change as incontravertable (sp?) fact to support your beliefs, but your assertions are challenged and the waters are muddy.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index