Nuclear vs wind

64 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PlateOfFood
PlateOfFood
141 posts

Re: Nuclear vs wind
Oct 28, 2005, 14:22
> Of course, ruination is in the eye of the beholder.

Absolutely. Surely I'm not the ony one who thinks that these things can add something to a landscape? I'm talking about the three-sailed ones here, they work much better aesthetically to me than the 2-sailed ones.

But of course the 2-sailed ones look better than electricity pylons, which are pretty graceless fuckers.

And in terms of the nuclear, as far as I understand it the problem with building more is not that no-one knows how to deal with the waste, for politicians are more than happy to leave problems like that to later generations, but simply that they are uninsurable? That they just can't be built because of the way finance legislation works these days? So the argument of 'nuclear vs wind' is a false argument - wind farms can be financed and built, nuclear stations can not, or at least not for decades and the introduction of some serious hardcore new legislation.

True, wind farms don't produce much power, but we're going to be damn grateful for what they do produce in a few years time.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index