80 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: anti-vivisectionists on medication?
Sep 08, 2005, 08:13
"I'd happily club a million bunnies to save my child."

Whatabout juvenile chimps? Would ya club a million of them?

Only semi-joking Nigel. And I do too believe it all comes down to personal choice. I used an anti-inflammatory drug for 2 years because I couldn't walk without it, and I could see that if I used it then I would be able to restore my ability and maybe see the other side of the pain. This was in tandem with a host of natural treatments and diet, but not one thing alone could hve been as effective as all combined. The point is, would I have chosen differently if I'd known they'd kneecapped chimpanzees to test? Answer - I can't say with certainty. I think I would have tried everything else (being a human testing zone meself) and found something natural that worked - and then campaigned against testing diclofenac on animals. Then promote the natural remedy.

Every case is different I know. If we could find a drug that would cure my wife and then found it was tested on dogs, she says she wouldn't take it. I can only admire such integrity. I would of course slip pills in her mouth as she slept.

Its a sticky issue for sure.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index