U-Know! Forum »
Releasing oil from reserves

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Releasing oil from reserves
Aug 31, 2005, 14:57
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050831/ap_on_bi_ge/oil_reserve;_ylt=ApTxPAEWkLJUTZiR9VEPnquoOrgF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3bGI2aDNqBHNlYwM3NDk-

Gee, didn't the Republican Party mock Clinton for doing the same thing? :^P
Lugia
970 posts

Re: Releasing oil from reserves
Aug 31, 2005, 16:05
Not quite. Clinton released the oil also partly to damp the Republicans and their pals' attempts to run up energy prices toward the end of his term, which of course they wouldn't see eye-to-eye with.

It's worth noting that it took the destruction of New Orleans and Southern Mississippi to get Dumbya to cut his precious vacation time short by two whole days so he could get back to his actual job of ruining things for everyone. No, the impending threat wasn't enough...it took negative public opinion vibes to get his sorry ass to get in gear.

What a statesman.
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

Aug 31, 2005, 16:42
It's also an empty gesture if one believes the news reports yesterday. The problem isn't one of crude oil stocks but lack of refining capacity as 10% of the US's refining capacity is under water!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 31, 2005, 16:46
Wow! "Dumbya", I which I could've come up with that euphonism...

So people were actually compaining about him and that's why his do-nothing vacation was shortened. Vacation, all I ever wanted... vacation time to get away. But Katrina and her waves had to ruin it. No more walking on sunshine Dumya!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 31, 2005, 16:47
I shouldn't try to trivialise that disaster though. Pretty bad from what I hear. Just because it happened in a red state doesn't mean we should mock the victims...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 31, 2005, 16:49
Just about everything Bush has ever done was an empty gesture, if it wasn't completely self-serving...
ron
ron
706 posts

give the dice to grufty jim!
Aug 31, 2005, 20:37
gas up $.20 to $1.20 a gallon depending upon where u can get it and believe me those places are quickly becoming slimmer and slimmer... word on the street is no gas in alabama, knoxville, and some parts of sw virginia... quickly running out here as well...

maybe we've hit that wall i was counting on bush not seeing... if anything we've grazed it (the wall) pretty good...

hold on folks... this is gonna be a scary ride...

x
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: give the dice to grufty jim!
Aug 31, 2005, 23:02
Frankly I didn't vote for Bush even though Kerry would just carry on the same capitalist BS. Bush and those who stood with him just disgusted me so much! And that flame war I got involved with a year ago didn't help much. (If that was the acceptable face of the 'silent majority' I don't miss him...)

Thing is I'm not looking forward to what's going to become of the economy. It's gonna affect all the people who hate Bush such as you and me. Of course I don't think those in the 'silent majority' are gonna sway from Bush. They're so sore-minded about losing that we've already seen them blame all our previous problems on 'leeburulls' or the 'leeburull meedeeuh'. I just hope I don't have to suffer more than the herd will...
PlateOfFood
PlateOfFood
141 posts

Re: give the dice to grufty jim!
Aug 31, 2005, 23:17
Yeah man. Remember that bit in Titanic, after the iceberg hits, and they all go back to their business assuming that the ship will carry on fine? These first post-Katrrina days remind me of that.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Sep 01, 2005, 05:16
He did tell us pretty early into his first term how his style is to take a back seat and delegate. I interpreted it as he likes to take a lot of holidays and watch tv.
I thought that the reserves were being saved for the armed forces or the war machine which must thirst as a million Hummers.
Maybe the Alaskan oil is being reserved for that.
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index