U-Know! Forum »
Fuck you Julian Cope

Pages: 10 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Fuck you Julian Cope
Apr 05, 2005, 18:37
"Sexism in Islam is even more extreme that it is in Christianity and Judaism, yet we in the West persist in offering these patriarchal homophobes their right to practise archaic misogynistic practises under our very noses. Has Britain become so secular that its population can no longer see that disputing the right to indulge in such irrational lifestyles is not Racist, but merely Creedist?"

What a bleedin racist fascist sentiment. Is this designed to get you into the 'States ? Disputing the right for someone else to choose what clothes they wear ? Replace disputing with banning and you get closer to the truth. And not just anyone, just Muslim women.

I can't believe you used to have the intelligence to write the Peggy Suicide sleeve notes for Double Vegetation, and now you are pandering to the Nick Griffins amongst us. You are no pagan, you are a suck up to the Neo-Roman emperor. I'll be binning my Cope CDs tonight you little rascist Yankee suck-up. If you ever return to Scotland you will get the kicking you deserve.
Fluffiest Biscuity
Fluffiest Biscuity
13 posts

I WUV U, YAIP (LOL)
Apr 05, 2005, 20:25
Fancy a chocolate biscuit?
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: Fuck you Julian Cope
Apr 05, 2005, 21:21
"What a bleedin racist fascist sentiment"

I can't detect any racism. Fascism maybe. I do admit I take great exception to someone taking people's rights away. Wearing clothes you want to wear is a fundmaental right. However it came about that you decided to wear them. If an Islamic woman has had her rights taken away to wear what clothes SHE would like, by her dad, her cleric AND people like Mr Cope (EdukaySHUN! Edu...hold on..RE-EDUCATION!) then I despair. Must really suck to hate so much.

More education and less shouting must reap rewards.
Cope's stand for Muslim women's rights is understandably complicated by a plain and simple fact:

Freedom of choice.
Ether
104 posts

Apr 05, 2005, 21:47
You call Cope a fascist and yet you reveal yourself to be a boot boy?
Ether
104 posts

Ether
104 posts

morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Apr 05, 2005, 21:53
Agreed, YAIP, "rascist Yankee suck-up" is somewhat of a giveaway ;-)
Wiggy
1696 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 09:40
Not sure how well recieved Wicca or Odinism would be recieved in Suadi Arabia though...
Do any of us really have complete freedom of choice? We don't live in a vacuum and there will always be cultural impratives.
A muslim friend of mine told me that a lot of what we think of as Islamic practices actually pre date Mohammed and really owe more to the culture and time in which they originate.
Sorry these thoughts are a little disjointed.
I think you overreacted YAIP although you are right to interrogate JC on this issue I don't think he is about to turn into Ted Nugent! It just aint black and white.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

erratum
Apr 06, 2005, 09:51
should have been "agreed, Ether".
Wiggy
1696 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 10:39
...my spalling und grommur ave gone to fecck!
Pages: 10 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index