the indian ocean.

80 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
duckbreath
254 posts

Re: phuket island...
Dec 31, 2004, 14:19
"as far as i can see nothing changes"

I don't think you can see very far paul - I don't think you look very far either - there's no point arguing with you about the desparate need for an increase in charitable giving or the enormous amount of help charities (barnardos and shleter) give to people throughout the uk and the world because you will have a smug and snidey answer already prepared to belittle the goodwill people feel - It's hard in an anonymous forum to really put what people say in context - I know nothing about you apart from the comments I have seen but I wonder what exactly you do for the world apart from contributing to this internet message board because to be able to look down and cast jugment on charities and charitable giving the way you do is a big insult that I feel personally as someone who works for a charity and who gets to see people who want to make a difference in the most practical of ways on an everday basis

I my view 'u-know' works as a forum for debate and reason for people who want to make the world a better place - the views you have just expressed show no room for doubt at all. When you have such an unsual view of the world (if you doubt it's unusual try posting your sentiments on a bbc message board) you need to either convince everyone else in the country or take them by force. Writing off charity work in a couple of sentences in the midst of the greatest humanitarian disaster this century makes your motives look a bit murky to me.

Anyway - sorry to single you out but I find your views offensive at the same time as I doubt that you even mean them or have thought about what you're really saying or suggesting.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index