Polite notice for Pro Hunt Supporters

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Re: Polite notice for Pro Hunt Supporter
Sep 29, 2004, 17:00
Well I'm a vegan animal rights campaigner so thats me sorted!!! :o)

There is a discussion on this very topic in the postings below entitled 'That's a big burger' plenty of discussion there on rights and wrongs of meat eating compared to fox hunting!!

I do agree with you, but what annoys me about more about 'Fox Hunting' is the fact that it is classed as a 'sport' and a 'countryside pursuit'.. if the fox was being killed for food then thats a different matter, but as it's being killed after being chased for miles by people on horse back and a pack of dogs before being wripped to shreads that is where the difference for me is. I seriously know where you are coming from here... but it's a strange one to come to a compromise on and I don't think you will. Meat eaters can be anti-fox hunting too you know and at the present time we're gonna need all the help we can get to stop this continuing. I'm certainly NOT going to turn down the support of a meat eater on a Sunday morning to help disrupt a hunt meet!!! :o)

Nat
xxxxx
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Woooo scarey!!
Sep 29, 2004, 17:00
FBB Double Posting... wooooo it's catching!! :op
duckbreath
254 posts

Sep 29, 2004, 17:23
but i would swap any amount of fox hunting legislation for an improvement in the lives of hundreds of millions - hundreds of millions! of chickens who are bred in captivity in tiny spaces to be too heavy for their legs - i seriously would - i think meat eaters can not possibly be opposed to fox hunting - if you eat supermarket meat you help legitimize systematic misery for so many animals you can not truly care about animal welfare - it's has to be impossible doesn't it?

the word 'sport' is not a useful word and the theoretical value of hunting (if there is one) is better expressed in other ways - i don't know too much about the details or history but i think their argument is along the lines of: being a traditional method (if not now out-moded) of pest control that binds the countryside community together through all it's established ranks and functions and also binds people with their ancestors and descendants - also there is an intellectual argument i have heard that hunting, like music can restore human beings to their long forgotten primitive and pre-modern state and creates a bond between the species of human, horse and a pack of dogs (in their natural state) that is a lost experience in the modern technological world -

I honestly don't know the true merits of these arguments having no experience of hunting but they don't seem absurd and i am worried if the anti-hunt lobby don't at least try to understand these ideas (along with the logical argument about animal welfare already stated) then what governments/pressure groups will try to understand my beliefs and interests before they decide to ban things that are important to me?
Noah Vale
Noah Vale
299 posts

Sep 29, 2004, 17:49
LOADS of bad shit goes down in the world all the time. To argue that this or that happens so you better think before you decide if something is intollerable or not is a bit ..erm. Like one would have to put every questionable deed in order from worst to least worse and tackle them one at a time only after you have discovered the very worst.
Ban Hunting & after that maybe I'll campaign against wearing a rugby shirt with the collar turned up.
Tossers!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Sep 29, 2004, 22:57
Another case of life initatng art. Remember that episode of "I'm Alan Partridge" where he made that crack about infected spinal columns on his radio show and some farmers dropped a dead cow on him?
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Sep 29, 2004, 23:04
Well, I have met foxhunters and had first hand experience of their nastiness - they're like a medieval lynch mob, total savages. And I'd quite happily make all the things you mention illegal (definitely in the case of factory farming) but realitiscally I don't think that's ever going to happen (at least not in our lifetime). Change comes very slowly and the best you can do is fight for a realistic number of issues at the time... but I don't eat meat at all, mainly because of the disgraceful rearing and slaughtering methods you describe, so I don't feel hypocritical by opposing foxhunting.

If I had my way, even fishing would go but given how popular that is, no government would even attempt it for fear of alienating too many potential voters.
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Sep 30, 2004, 08:23
Cunts is too good a word for them, an insult to the most festering and foetid of female genitalia, I'm afraid. And what have they been up to in Wilmington? Didn't hear about that, too busy being appalled about the dead horses and cows, and I mean; what in the name of rubbery FUCK have fucking wanking COWS got to do with it? Will lots of cows die if inbred fuckwits aren't allowed to continue hunting with dogs!

Hello from another disgusted (almost) Brightonian, too, by the way!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Sep 30, 2004, 08:24
Oh yeah! And I laughed at that, which leads me to question myself, frankly! Still, that was fiction I guess!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: Polite notice for Pro Hunt Supporters
Sep 30, 2004, 08:28
It's criminal to shoot a dog at two years old! They're only just out of puppyhood! I don't believe they couldn't be retrained either - they're probably just looking for an excuse to slaughter loads of other animals (and then dump their carcasses in towns where loads of kids are out and about....)

No, I don't doubt that they do make lovely dogs if properly looked after, but I bet they're not looked after by that hunting scum! They wouldn't be able to spell compassion, let alone be able to apply it to other living creatures!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: Polite notice for Pro Hunt Supporters
Sep 30, 2004, 08:29
I think I'd have to start hurling deeply unpleasant substances at them along with the abuse. Would it work if you filled one of those turbo water pistol efforts with vomit and then tried to fire it?

I know, I'm just being childish and disgusting now but those 'people' deserve no better...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index