That's a big burger

75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: a couple of links...
Sep 26, 2004, 16:03
Ah, but they do. Being a vegetarian yourself you are unlikely to see it that way or be on the receiving end of a rant, so I understand your belief that not many veges do it.

I, like most people, would take phrases like 'Why do you eat the rotting flesh ...' as verging on the preaching side of things. As soon as you get emotive, rather than objective you cross that line. Abruptness, especially when combined with emotive phrases, is ranting in most people's books. I know, I do it all the time myself, but I'm trying to give it up :-)

I haven't got the will power to become fully vegetarian I'm afraid. I haven't even got the inner strength to stop smoking, which is also killing people around me, so the thought of animals dying to satisfy my addictions is hardly going to stop me is it? Likewise it's not the arguement that will stop most people.

For me, more than anything, it's the disproportional use of resources and the thought that I am depriving other people of food that is the main factor in reducing the meat content of my meals. The animal rights part does come secondary to that issue.

Subsidies for meat farming need to stop! Then people will realise the true price of meat. Until it hits them in the pocket few will listen.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index