That's a big burger

75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: bigger burger
Sep 23, 2004, 10:37
No, pheasants really ARE terminally thick, which doesn't mean they deserve to die necessarily but that's why they're such an easy target!

I think you've touched on a valid point, though, as I mentioned in one of my other messages (can't remember where now) I'd be interested to see how many meat eaters would remain meat eaters if they had to hunt and kill their food themselves? I don't think I could, but then if you're starving, who knows?

Meat eating has been made too easy in our society in a way, hence the fact they're gobbling down 6lb burgers in the States... I just think more could and should be done to improve the way animals are farmed, it's not rocket science and most people would be prepared to pay a bit more for well cared for meat.

Don't know if I'd bother with it as I can't stomach red meat and never have been able to, not a compassionate thing, to be honest, more a question of just not being able to abide the stuff! I do eat chicken from time to time, though, but I've gone right off that since I saw a revolting programme about factory farmed chicken and you never know what you're buying or where it's from in a supermarket.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index