That's a big burger

75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: bigger burger
Sep 19, 2004, 11:28
That disgusts me more than I can say. I'm not vegetarian (though not big into eating meat either) and I'd never condemn anyone from eating meat - their call.

Thing that really gets me, quite apart from dubious farming practises, exploitation of workers in slaughter houses and all the rest of it is the WASTE! The tactlessness and arrogance of these people is staggering!

People are starving in Zimbabwe (although nobody will admit it) and America cheerfully deal with Mugabe and his mates, doing nothing to assist the Zimbabwean kids who haven't eaten in weeks and they're showing off on the internet about six pound bloody burgers! And Zimbabwe is just one example; ooooh it makes me so CROSS!

Mindless consumerism (not just 'lets see who can eat until they collapse in pile of their own vomit contests', also those bloody silly bints and their shoes in 'Sex and the City') is the worst aspect of life in the states IMO and I KNOW not all Americans are like that, I'm sure the majority are as disgusted by it all as I am, but there's a significant minority that can't see beyond getting/being the biggest and the best.

I shall now climb down from this soap box before I put my foot through it and get on with some work!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index