U-Know! Forum »
The Tower

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Annexus Quam
926 posts

The Tower
Jan 13, 2004, 15:14
I saw the project for the New Mono-Twin Tower in NYC and saw a striking resemblance to Isengard...including the spire(s).

I remembered Saruman's words 'a tower built in the service of industry for the New Order...' and couldn't help but think that that's where the builders got their inspiration from.

Either that, or there's something inherently sick and grotesque to the sad aspirations of high-ness about those paranoid humans who are victims of centuries of a holy unnatural monotheistic obsession.

It all makes me smile, it's just so grotesque.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: The Tower
Jan 13, 2004, 17:49
Very totalitarian and fascist -- it comes as no surprise really. No better than that arch in Bagdad modeled from Saddam's arm.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Jan 13, 2004, 20:46
Hmmmmm . . . Saruman's little speech sure does sound "masonic" doesn't it? All that "New Order" stuff . . .

Maybe I need to look a little closer at those building plans.

BTW, it is supposed to be 1776 feet tall -- though the US didn't win the revolutionary war until 1780 (and it started in 1775) and the govt as presently constituted didn't exist until 1789 . . . so what did happen in 1776? The foundation of the Bavarian Illuminati!

It all makes sense . . . . (FNORD!)
ron
ron
706 posts

Jan 14, 2004, 13:59
it awl makes sense now...

http://flash.bushrecall.org/
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Jan 14, 2004, 14:37
I wouldn't worry too much, Quamster. Building something like that is just asking for trouble. It's bound to be terrorist target number one once it's built. I wouldn't expect it to be there very long. And I can't imagine very many people wanting to work in it. Just call it Lemming Tower.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

upward mobility
Jan 14, 2004, 14:58
You better believe that it will stay there m'lord, I'll say one thing for America, it won't be 'defeated', and the twin towers will forever stand as a metaphor that the commie menace is out there and people hate American freedom and general 'winningness'. There is no more perfect metaphor for contest mobility than the 'upness' of a shining tower, heading to the heavens away from the cursed earth with all it's dirty ecology and low-life scum.

Efforts will be redoubled, retripled etc etc to make the Tower stand, even if it takes a militarising of NYC. Long may it stand I say. I just hope people get as bored with it one day in the same way I hope people get bored with supporting patriarchal despots (in every sense).

It's amazing how you can pack thousands of competing people into a sky-rise monstrosity, and convince them that they are 'free' ;-)

America will probably get the war the Neocons want, although the New Right won't be happy until it's a civil one and the red menace is their next-door neighbour so they can exercise (exorcise?) the second amendment, finally getting to use that assault rifle/grenade launcher that was threatening to rust away in the storm cellar next to the leaf blower.

Dang, I only have a leaf blower? Let's blow those traitors to kingdom come! VVvvVVVWMMMmmmm.

This was a parody, I hope America and the World finds peace, I really do.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

We can but hope
Jan 14, 2004, 15:10
I hope we can achieve peace too. The thing is, it's damn difficult to see that happening when the youngest, dumbest kid in the playground has got the most powerful gun.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Upwards?
Jan 14, 2004, 15:19
onwards and peace-wards!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: upward mobility
Jan 14, 2004, 16:59
"It's amazing how you can pack thousands of competing people into a sky-rise monstrosity, and convince them that they are 'free' ;-)"

Great words! Can I use that?
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

freedom!
Jan 14, 2004, 17:24
Yes of course sirrah, although it's inherently questionable regarding who the 'you' is in my comment. I'm not suggesting people are herded there, of course it is their free will. But free-will is also response to environmental (in all respects) factors, which are in turn dictated by the mode of industry employed. My utopian spirit is largely kept aloft by a belief that contest mobility in the "be better than" sense is in reality a convolution of a natural urge to be the "best you can be". That latter term has been (recently) commercially appropriated by the US Army, which just goes to show that "being the best you can be" is always a subjectivity, and open to interpretation/appropriation according to whatever one believes. Nonetheless, I think being the best you can be is assuming the responsibility for your own actions and the actions you employ via proxy/voting. I also argue that 'free will' in the free world is increasingly about a competitive response to a fiscal race, rather than an ingenious response to world problems that have plagued us for centuries. The 'human nature' argument rages on, yet every time someone tells me that (insert abomination) is "human nature", there's someone I meet that disproves it.

Not as snappy though is it? ;-)
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index