U-Know! Forum »
marketing to teenagers -

7 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Erin
10 posts

Re: marketing to teenagers -
Mar 02, 2001, 06:06
I can be ridiculouly radical about this subject. This stupid ass label obsessed materialism is a tool. A tool used by the man to enslave. When I think of the huge amounts of money spent by working class people on these items(clothes, shoes ets), I want to call them all fools to their faces. I wonder how Tommy Hilfigger sleeps at night.
Back to the subject of coolness. I did the same thing. I didn't take the time to get to know the "uncool people". Big mistake. I know now that you should never judge a book by it's cover.
Back to this label thing. I have preached to countless people about how they are being used. I've practically begged them not to buy into the madness. They continue to do it. They want their kids to have the best. All the time they work their butts off and send their kids to day care. Whats wrong with this picture?
Day Care ugh! Don't even get me started on that one. I'll have working mothers ready to rip my throat out. My beloved mommy stayed home until we were all over the age of ten. We didn't have two cars, a big house, or designer clothes because she thought it was more important for her to raise us.
It's unfortunate that something as good as feminism could lead to such unnatural behavior. Imagine putting your two week old child in a daycare for 8 hours a day. 5 days a week .Year round.
I'm not trying to put down working mothers. I realise alot of them have to work. But alot of them don't.
I'm definately not blaming feminists for the situation either. I consider myself one.
People have been brainwashed into the buy buy buy mentality. They need to get their priorities in order.

U-Know! Forum Index