Reclaiming the Swastika

69 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: Reclaiming the Swastika
Oct 13, 2003, 18:25
" ...military forces display pictures of Hitler and other nazi regalia while torturing and otherwise mistreating dissidents, and the US did nothing and probably even encouraged it."

It's that word "probably" again. Doesn't that make you just as guilty of labelling and propaganda?

The gap between 'did nothing' and 'encouraged it' is essentially the same as the hypothetical gap between me saying that you (for instance) 'didn't help the Republicans', or me saying that you 'probably encouraged them'.

In fact, in the real world, both those statements could be true ;-)

Polarising is best used for sunglasses :-)

Swastika? Just another symbol put to bad use and lives on as such. I agree with Moon Cat, it's connotations run too deeply for anyone to fart about trying to encourage a 'reclaim the swastika' revolution. Was it ever that important to begin with?

Today i favour a 3-eyed orb to symbolise the harmonic consciousness of the human body, mind and spirit. always three, beyond the polarising power concepts of <this> - <that>, it reminds me to see the person and not the labels, but I know that any flag I invent can be attached to anything. The trouble with wearing a flag is that it can be hidden behind by anyone. Which is why I came to believe 'intent' is best fronted by 'intent', rather than a symbol? But this world is trained to regard symbol first? O holy corporatism Batman! Holy politics Robin. Holy cowpats Mc D.

Swastika? Why try and reclaim something that isn't/wasn't ours to begin with?

I want a Jensen Interceptor or a Triumph Stag for occasional use, does that stand for Gentleperson's Grand Touring Sportscar with a touch of finesse, or does it stand for Capitalist-Pig-Oil-slave Fume-Nazi? Even if I only did 1000 miles per year and 2000 on a pushbike. Who would make the distinction? no-one. Labels! Arghy, I'm guilty of it, so are you, we are becoming a big world of labels with little to say other than this label vs that label.

PS is HH largely 'caucasian' and left wing??

:-P

~o~
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index