Lying for Columbine

91 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Lying for Columbine
Oct 08, 2003, 21:08
aha! got you. What I'm saying is the magical model isn't static either. But then our definitions of the term differ. Sure, religions change their rules (or dogma) in order to cope with changes in understanding outside of their accepted terms of reference. Observing these changes can be worthwhile. Religion, I think is what you mean by a magical model. yeah ?

To me a magical model is a union with the 'other' and a communication with it of sorts. I know, from your own experiences and the way you've explained yourself you'll right off what I'm saying now as total bollocks, and probably a form of madness.

Thats fine, I used to be the same in that regard, till I achieved this kind of union. So now, as well as using scientific and philosophical methods to understand things I also check it out with the 'other' (god, HGA, spirit, whatever, insert noun of choice) through what I call discernement. The annoying thing is 99 times out of a 100 the message I get back from the other is 'whats the fucking point working that out ?'

So, my commune is static in function, but not in message, obviously, it couldnt be. So it's not Static, its a learning process in that its like having a mentor. And, of course, it gives me purpose and mission also. And purpose and mission that cannot be expressed with any form of language at all, unfortunately.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index