Lying for Columbine

91 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Speaking of sleight...
Oct 07, 2003, 23:28
Chris Morris: Right, here's a guy, he puts right wrongs, he sees a wrong, he wants to right it straight away like a man enraged at a poor quality toy boat, but he uses a camera to retool the wrong into a right and he makes us laugh as he does it... Michael Moore - still using the old "Hi there!" routine?
Michael Moore: (forced laughter)
CM: Well listen, you're known for shouting at buildings, sometimes it seems that you see a building you have a compulsion to pull out a megaphone and shout at it. What is it that makes you mad?
MM: Well, I think growing up in a factory town...
CM: Sure, we don't want to give too much away but one of the best bits in the new show is when you confront a guy from a medical insurance company who won't give a dying man a new pancreas and you make us actually wanna kill this guy, it really is the ultimate hatebender 'cause we know that he's wrong, he's evil, he's scum, we watch this we think "I want this guy to drown in his own vomited up pancreas, and have his balls chewed off by starving badgers" is what we feel. Now, where do you get the, like, the brilliant twist to do that?
MM: Well, you see I didn't do it, he did it to himself...
CM: He made us wanna hate him himself?
MM: Yeah...
CM: And you just stood there like a big mirror?
MM: Well, I just want to choke the guy...
CM: Yep, mash this guy's face off and kick it around like a football...
MM: Right...
CM: YOu know, I still want to see that corporate guy in his exploded death state, but like, with tears running down my face and solemn music, like the sick faux-remorse of the psycho...
MM: Right... well yeah! Because you see... humour is what takes you to that edge.
CM: You mean, you can do anything?
MM: That's right.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index