Buddhists believe if shit happens it isn’t really shit
Hindus believe this shit has happened before

Pagans believe in Beauty, not in shit.
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Re: Beauty/Dogma
Apr 30, 2000, 18:25
But what exactly is 'Pagan' is it a bag to lump such individuals in or is it itself Beauty? Anyway I find a great deal of beauty in shit!
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Apr 30, 2000, 21:08
Pagan is a huuuuuge baffle bag! People with nothing in common and all in common. Lumps and all. Also very little in common with ancient pagans, if anything. And that is the whole point.

May Day.
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Apr 30, 2000, 22:37
All the stuff I have read about it though includes within its ancient or modern definition reference to it being some form of religious movement. It is the very mentioning of the word religion and coupling it with the word pagan that I have great difficulties with. I know I need to shed my hereditary christian upbringing bullshit government touting education brainwashing skin but the very word religion conquers up too much of what is ancient and ancient in such a bloodletting sense that it doesn't hold true with 'if it harm none, do what you will.'
Annexus Quam
926 posts

May 01, 2000, 08:03
Most people would disagree it is a religious movement at all. I always thought things like the Odinic rite and modern Wizardry or Druidry, although they cannot be dismissed as a load of bollocks (but nearly!), are just another game for bored gentlemen. Which links me to the previous post - you do not have to call yourself a pagan in order to be one and that is what differentiates it from conventional religion. Ancient wisdom was never arranged or organised, according to history. That is why the Romans had a relatively easy task all over Europe. And why should the conventional civilised middle-aged guys in the order of Druids have access to Stonehenge, for instance? I always thought those guys had Christian inclinations deep inside them. Do not be fooled by labels.
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

May 01, 2000, 10:18
Ah the Romans now there is our cultural heritage - or is it? Everything we are taught at skool tells us how marvellous the Romans were and how we were a mixed up mixed barbarian bunch before they so gratiously invaded and brought with them total order and their wonderful mosaics, baths and oh so straight roads.
Did are history start with the Romans? Not in my backyard.
markybov
24 posts

May 01, 2000, 10:42
Hmm...interesting disscussion.
To stick in my tupenny's worth, I would always prefer never to give my personal beliefs and way of life a label or a name, be it Paganism or whatever.
As far as I'm concerned, whenever you start chucking people together under a big banner of having a particular "religeous persuation", you instantly have an "organised religeon", which can never totally reflect the varying individual beliefs of everyone involved.
We, as humans, are beautiful because of our uniqueness and individuality. This is the fundamental problem with any organised religeon - it always involves a minority of people twisting things around to gain power for themselves, and to go around telling everone else what is right and what is wrong.
We are all BOUND to have different beliefs and attitudes. We do not need to follow anyone in particular, and we do not need to be preached to by anyone other than our own hearts and minds.

love markybov.
Annexus Quam
926 posts

May 01, 2000, 10:47
Right On, markyboy. I couldn't have put it better.
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

May 01, 2000, 18:07
So is this Copeism some sort of religious cult? or what?
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

May 01, 2000, 18:35
Markyboy - that's the problem - you might not give yourself a label but society soon will and someone will make a fast buck by suggesting that they suggested the label in the first place.

By the way it was Shrimp who invented the label 'Punk Rock' and I claim my millionaire status here and now!
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index