Re: the 'it' in bullshit
Sep 17, 2003, 17:39
At least he wasn't a capitalist though.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Sep 17, 2003, 18:54
Mofre's rant uses "capitalism" as a be-all bogeyman. He basically ascribes everything to "capitalism" without showing any indication what he means by that. He uses "capitalism" where he could use more specific terms -- money, greed, consumerism, economics, democracy, "Westernism" -- these are not all the same thing.

And of course you've also got a few "anarchists" running around here who will tell you the Soviets, China, N. Korea et al and every state that ever defined itself as "Marxist" and "anti-capitalist" was really "(state) capitalist" too. That really clears things up.

So if "capitalism" is everywhere at all times and places and is the repository of all that is wrong in the world -- what is there left to debate?

It's like an evangelical ranting about Satan -- he's everywhere and everything bad is his fault. So you can say "Damn you Satan!" but then what?

And I'm sorry my fancy words and attention to "meaning" bothers you. May have something to do with all those degrees in sociology I have.

I'm increasingly thinking I should just stick to the musical discussions around here . . .
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Sep 17, 2003, 19:20
"Iraq wasn't bombed for moral reasons it was bombed for economic reasons"

I know that, you know that, hence my 'morals' in inverted commas, and reference to the creed of capitalists i.e. do not use force or impose morals on another etc. Yet it's this kind of stuff I read about every day from the Capitalists (not my label, it's what they call themselves):

"What is needed for world peace is a "ban" on statism — or, more precisely, an uncompromising declaration calling for the full protection of individual rights, and an un-breached MORAL condemnation (and economic boycott where appropriate) of any country that violates individual rights."

And...

"...our mainstream intellectuals choose to be "ignorant" about the root cause of war, and promote "bleeding-heart," "feel-good," intellectually-bankrupt campaigns such as the UN-sponsored treaty on banning land mines."

So banning land mines is a bad lefty, feminist, hippyshit idyll huh? Actually harming people more than doing good? (doing good = selling weapons).

It's useless fiddle faddle to argue that capitalism isn't essentialy right wing, it's as useless as saying that cause doesn't have effect.

"Retribution or Appeasement
What some people (mostly liberals) are saying is that the solution is to carefully kill one of the hit man's bosses, but not destroy the structural system that creates hit men and bosses. Nuclear annihilation offers the intimidation factor to others of the same ilk. If you kill one terrorist, another will rise to take his place. If you wipe out the system in one country, everyone else in the other countries who think it might be fun to kill Americans will cower and blank-out the fact that they ever thought about it. "

http://www.capitalism.com/international/body/retribution.shtml

See, it's either nuclear annihilation or you're a frigging appeasing commie.

How can a political system tout selfishness as the highest human goal, and then on the other hand claim that nuclear annihilation is a 'good lesson' for people living in the same country as selfish thugs who would be terrorists?
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Sep 17, 2003, 19:23
Ah, that's where you are wrong. No he wasn't a capitalist, but I have just as much beef with China as the US. I live here to support my family (who are american citizens), and I like my cock in a wasps nest, I get to see what i'm dealing with ;-)

Eat someone before they eat you.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Sep 17, 2003, 19:34
"got a cob on with capitalism"

Whatever gave you that idea????

I love making money, I just don't make any!

Now, I might have a cob on with: 'all is fair in business and war'.

I might also have a great big bap on with aggressive contest mobility in the education system. I've got a giant french stick with the fact that Capitalism is based upon human greed. It is a system whose existence depends upon gluttony, consumer demand, economic growth, obesity and an advertising industry which creates and/or exploits felt needs. It also depends upon the gambling that takes place on the stock market. Capitalist exploitation may be more palatable than communist exploitation. I don't think so. I think they both suck big ones and we are being trained into competing against each other, just as the Roman Emperor would watch the peasants and Christians from his box, so does the IMF watch the world. If capitalism represents individual rights, then fiscally rich people automatically have more rights. That sucks. I'm sure if i lived in China I wouldn't be able to voice my opinion, so hurray for free speech. But having a voice doesn't mean having to suck the nipple of mammon and shit on your neighbour.
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Sep 17, 2003, 19:36
(points at a wasps nest and makes pervy Rik Mayall style "phwoar" gestures ;)

I know what you mean though, the trouble is you need a big government to solve big problems but as soon as you have a big government then the creeps come out of the woodwork to try and hoist themselves to the top of it and rake the best of it off for them and their mates. Every so often you get lucky though.
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Sep 17, 2003, 19:37
You just shouldn't read that capitalism.com webshite, it's bad for your apoplexy - if we're going to get into the definitions of the terms we use then I think they should change their name to nazifucktards.com to avoid any confusion.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Sep 17, 2003, 19:44
Agreed, Morfeticia is banning me anyway, thank heavens for spousal dictatorships ;-)

I'm off to earn enough money to buy a Hummer...it'll save me putting my fingers in my ears and humming. GRARGH!
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

The U in music
Sep 17, 2003, 19:58
"I'm increasingly thinking I should just stick to the musical discussions around here . . ."

Yeah let's keep what we have in common before a political wordbath gets out of hand. I hate politics (and got into trouble for that!) and can't seem to help my brain by discussing. There's a barbed wire fence which side to choose...

PS No I don't think feudalism was the same as capitalism. I'm a feudalist, I am Lord Morfe, and I own this land, now stop fucking it up or I'll set me big dogs on yer!
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Sep 17, 2003, 20:20
>I'm off to earn enough money to buy a Hummer...

Make sure you don't accidentally type a lower case h or it'll be putanesca all over again!
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index