Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

updatish
Jun 09, 2003, 16:48
"More details about the meeting etc:

Nechtan wrote:
++++ The enquiry between Neath Port Talbot (NPT) Borough Council, the windfarm company and other "interested parties" (such as the Rambler's Association, CADW, Countryside Council for Wales and the Campaign for Rural Wales) is being held on 1 July at the Council Offices in Penllergaer on 1 July. All "interested" parties had to submit their opposition to this development in March, and as such, there is no point in any other parties lodging their complaints, as they won't be heard.

However, one of the main opposers to this development, Richard Hart-Jones of Llangynwyd, will be presenting evidence and information against the wind farm and is currently collating all the relevant documents and maps. I spoke to him on Friday. Mr Hart-Jones was one of the 17 people that opposed the open cast mine in the Llynfi Valley proposal eight years ago - and won.

At the enquiry, there will be a consultant representing those that
are opposed to the development. However, his fee is £500, and we currently have £160 raised to pay him. Due to this, there is
a 'cheese and wine' evening being held on Thursday, 19 June, at 7pm at the Llangynwyd Church school room, with most probably, drinks afterwards in the Corner House or Old House (home of the Mari Lwyd).
I would ask all members of this list that are local to the area to
turn up, and those that cannot come, send a donation c/o The
Corner House, Llangynwyd, Maesteg, Mid Glamorgan. Address the envelope FAO Richard Hart-Jones. Thank you.

I will be seeing Mr Hart-Jones on Tuesday night and will have an
update then, which I will pass on to the list."
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index