The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Stonehenge & Environs

37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
carol27
747 posts

Re: Stonehenge & Environs
Nov 03, 2017, 18:08
Excuse my ignorance but if the owners live in a designated World Heritage Site how do they maintain governance over access & information? If Blick Mead is so highly sensitive an area, why has there been such readily available tv & other media outlets exposure ? The idiots that be have, i believe already decided on the Stonehenge tunnel. I wouldn't have submitted any of this reaction if the tone of your reply hadn't been so patronising, condescending & exclusive..you really do need to learn how to respond to people.
And yes, I know it's to do with valuable funding, necessitating the drip feeding of discovered information; & the poor landowners & their neighbours anxieties about millions of the great unwashed trampling over their patch; & the potential ruination of students thesis, not to mention valuable archaeology being ruined. That happens every day in many areas of the country. Oh dear, dont know why this has made me so mad. Just get on the telly & blather some more about this exclusive place.
Undeniably ignorant me. I await the backlash. Last post, Carol.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index