The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Stonehenge short tunnel officially confirmed

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Stonehenge short tunnel officially confirmed
Sep 12, 2017, 07:49
https://heritageaction.wordpress.com/2017/09/12/stonehenge-short-tunnel-agenda-to-inflict-massive-damage-to-the-world-heritage-landscape-officially-confirmed/

If anyone here is a NT Member you can vote at next month's AGM to reverse its "pivotal" role in this plan.
jimit
jimit
1053 posts

Re: Stonehenge short tunnel officially confirmed
Sep 12, 2017, 08:46
I have already voted against NT's proposals.
hedgedruid
87 posts

Sep 12, 2017, 15:31
Can't understand why NT and English Heritage seem to want this .
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 12, 2017, 17:10
EH do exactly what the Govt tells them.
NT are profit driven lately and see a commercial advantage to themselves in "unifying" their land holding.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Sep 12, 2017, 18:19
ITV covered this lunchtime on the local news from a 'copter. During that time about half a dozen vehicles passed by. Waste of our money just for tail-backs in the summer months! Take another route or sit around for 30 mins - we've never been delayed longer than that!
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Sep 12, 2017, 20:15
nigelswift wrote:
https://heritageaction.wordpress.com/2017/09/12/stonehenge-short-tunnel-agenda-to-inflict-massive-damage-to-the-world-heritage-landscape-officially-confirmed/

If anyone here is a NT Member you can vote at next month's AGM to reverse its "pivotal" role in this plan.

I'm with Heritage Journal/Tony Robinson on this and always have been. I am an accidental member of NT (membership given to me as a gift). I also live quite near to NT HQ so will go to the AGM and vote as you suggest :(
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 13, 2017, 04:04
Great stuff June. Fingers crossed.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 13, 2017, 08:25
PS - You'll have the additional pleasurable opportunity to vote to consign trail hunting on their land to history!
spencer
spencer
3069 posts

Sep 13, 2017, 09:38
Its like the inverse of the modus operandi of the 'surveys' done by Beeching and Marples when closing the railways then...based on peak flow in a small part of the year
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Sep 16, 2017, 18:41
Sep 16, 2017, 16:05
Hi again, have just been looking at the NT AGM 2017 documents online. It is possible to vote online for any members who can't get to the AGM - providing they do so before Friday 13th October. It is also worth reading the AGM booklet before voting - it sounds obvious, but wouldn't want to vote the wrong way in error.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/documents/agm-booklet-2017.pdf

Otherwise the AGM will be held at 10.30am on Saturday 21st October 2017.
Venue: STEAM Museum, Swindon, Wilts,
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index