Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Hard work and Finance

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
costaexpress
77 posts

Hard work and Finance
Aug 27, 2017, 15:47
Having enjoyed this site for a couple of years now I was wondering 'How is the site financed'?, 'Who does all the work, eg verifying new sites'? 'Who is the Editor?' and a host of other questions. The Help section identifies some names, however, difficult to figure out how it is structured. Maybe it doesn't matter, maybe not a valid question, maybe go back to listening to Odessay & Oracle as it is a beautiful sunny afternoon, maybe mind my own business.
postman
848 posts

Re: Hard work and Finance
Aug 27, 2017, 17:57
Sir Cope himself pays for it, I believe.
A chap known as HolyMcgrail is the site webmaster, perhaps someone else knows better.
As for the editors, no body knows, it might be me, or Zeb or Sam, or TSC or those internet elves, no body knows, if one of your pictures gets deleted by an editor it's probably best you don't know who did it.

Hope that helps.
TMA Ed
614 posts

Edited Aug 27, 2017, 22:25
Aug 27, 2017, 20:06
Costa,

I now see you have been adding sites to France (apologies for the delay). I believe I've approved them, but the process didn't seem to be working smoothly and I don't think you've been enabled to automatically add sites to France. Since this is beyond my power, if you want to add lots more I suggest you could write to Holy McGrail, (who is, as Postman says, the primary originator of this marvellous website).
[email protected]

You may be interested in this website which has the locations and details of French historic monuments: http://www.monumentum.fr/

Thanks,
TMA Ed.
costaexpress
77 posts

Aug 28, 2017, 09:43
Thanks for adding the sites, if there is anything I can do to help with the administrative burden please shout
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index