uffington horse and the sun

108 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Re: uffington horse and the sun
Aug 20, 2017, 18:40
I agree with the sentiment here nigel. It's a subject I find fascinating, or I wouldn't have bothered at all. However I also agree with tjj, and have found any joy in this discussion has been replaced with something else.

It's a shame, but this has not been a discussion, for all the number of posts. From my perspective (subjective and based entirely on how I persinally have experienced this thread) it has been a few hours of being told that I am wrong, that there is no room for alternative interpretation, that appearance counts for nothing when considering an ancient monument and that artistic intention counts for nothing when considering art. Over the last 20 years I've come to believe that appearance is extremely important in considering ancient monuments, but I accept that is a subjective viewpoint as well and others do not have to agree and can take a more empirical approach.

Personally - again, subjective - I have found the tone of this thread to be dismissive and in places quite rude (not from tiompan particularly). As you know, I'm not really one for throwing toys and it would be greatly overstating it to say it's upset or offended me, it hasn't. It's only a discussion on the Internet, not real life. But it certainly isn't an enjoyable experience and you know what they say about gambling: when the fun stops, stop.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index