tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Aug 20, 2017, 00:26
Re: uffington horse and the sun
Aug 20, 2017, 00:10
tiompan wrote:
tjj wrote:

I used the word to describe the whole tone of the thread. It hasn't really been a discussion but a dismissive dismantling of a piece of work done by an archaeologist who is otherwise respected.

There was a lot of posts in the thread and what looked like a lot of discussion . I quoted comments to highlight the errors within them , I don't think that is unfair or even dogmatic .

tjj wrote:

I don't agree or disagree with the theory as don't have the astronomical software at my disposal (or the understanding) to do so. [/quote]

You don't need any , I certainly didn't use any to be aware of and highlight the problems .

tjj wrote:

Generally speaking I'm a fan of logic but there are other elements to which logic cannot always be applied. We have often talked on this forum about how certain sites induce a feeling of well being and/or inexplicable euphoria - perhaps just the effort and sense of achievement of getting there, or a particularly blue sky, or the appearance of a rare bird. Just something not always easily put
rds. [/quote]
That doesn't apply to the contents of the article or what could be considered a scientific paper , it was in "Nature" which is not usually given to printing the type of stuff you describe .

[quote="
Part of me thinks I can't really be arsed anymore but another part says I won't be intimidated or belittled.
[/quote]

Same here .

Thank you for your courteous reply. I'm not pleased Evergreen has chosen to stop posting. Between you, you present a logical discourse but this one felt as though it went on too long and was too one sided to be helpful. No offence intended to either of you.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index