Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Edited Aug 06, 2017, 13:40
Re: The danger of horses
Aug 06, 2017, 13:40
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:

Not monument related but one time in the lake district we were staying in a cottage just outside hawkshead. One morning I walked into the village through a field of sheep who completely ignored me, but on my way back, carrying bags of shopping, they all started following me. I felt like the pied piper.

You were , they thought it was feed .
To get rid of sheep whistle as if calling a dog , to attract them , even the bonniest and most aloof , shake a poly bag (Elmore James knew this ). They'll come running .

Yeah, I twigged it was the bags but there was no way I was giving up my biscuits.
Didn't know about the whistle! I'll remember that.

Never mind elmore james, i've been learning a few Jansch songs that i've not got round to before.
'Peregrinations' is a great one, few tricky bits but not too bad. 'Blues run the game' (jackson c frank) another great one, sounds simple but it's deceptive, it's really all about the right hand. But it's 'Chambertin' that is the absolute f*cker, pardon my gaelic.
I have been playing bits and pieces of it for years while practising but sitting down and learning the whole thing is a different matter. I'm getting there though. Have you ever tried it?
There is a great tab on-line from renbournfingerstyle.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index