The danger of horses

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: The danger of horses
Aug 06, 2017, 12:48
thesweetcheat wrote:
Amazingly turning and facing it with a loud "woah" (seriously?) was enough to stop it, but I have been wary of horses since then.

lol, classic.
I remember visiting Cholesbury years ago and there was a horse and foal in the interior. I started walking over to the foal to give it a pat on the head and saw the mare start running toward me. Luckily she was a little distance off and I was near the gate, but I don't think that would have ended well for me if I hadn't seen her.

Not monument related but one time in the lake district we were staying in a cottage just outside hawkshead. One morning I walked into the village through a field of sheep who completely ignored me, but on my way back, carrying bags of shopping, they all started following me. I felt like the pied piper.

For the record, I would just like to state that I was totally unconcerned by 30 sheep following me just a couple of feet away, with their weird eyes and strange curly horns. My heart did not start beating faster and nor did my pace quicken. Nor did I think about throwing the shopping at them and running away screaming like a little girl. Nor, once safely ensconced back at the cottage, did I recount the tale to my girlfriend as if I had just survived an encounter with a pack of lions.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index