Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jul 09, 2017, 10:17
Re: UNESCO say a polite no to tunnel
Jul 09, 2017, 10:14
nigelswift wrote:
Sounds like something the Journal ought to feature, even at this early stage and particularly if you're a lone voice. Lone voices are always either heroes or cranks. Our followers tend to be both. ;) If you have any details we'd be grateful for them.

Thanks Nigel. I don't think I'm a crank but then cranks rarely do. The planning application seems to have stalled - though the developer said just yesterday it is still on track. He has recently wound up one of his consultation concerns in the town. Anyway, not wanting to divert this thread away from Stonehenge - here is the local paper coverage from last year (excuse the advertisments that come with it). The Lawns is the site of the first prehistoric settlement in the area and overlooks the Berkshire and Marlborough Downs (including Uffington). It is a very peaceful place. I could discuss it with Heritage Journal via their their link on FB at some point - rather than here.
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14462107.Developer_behind_Locarno_plans_gets_a_grilling_from_residents/
I'm sure this is the meeting I attended last year mostly attended by the business people of Old Town who were mainly in favour of car parking on the Lawns as a means of bringing more business to the area.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index