Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited May 07, 2017, 23:54
Re: True Conservatives
May 07, 2017, 23:52
ryaner wrote:

I read through much of your link but became so dispirited had to stop reading. Pessimism abounds - just been reading this which rings true ...
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/06/never-in-my-adult-life-has-future-seemed-so-bleak-for-progressives?CMP=fb_gu

Didn't really want to talk politics under this thread but conservation will always be linked to the government of the day in some way shape or form (e.g. the debacle at Stonehenge). I shall be voting Labour with the almost certain knowledge they will not get in. I wonder how many times the word Marxist/Communist will be thrown at Corbyn and McDonnell over the next few weeks just to scare off the undecided (if such a person still exists). Am so glad I'm heading up to Kilmartin Glen later in the month to immerse myself in the mysteries of rock art and other ancient sites. It can rain, hail, a north wind can blow, its got to be better than watching this implosion happen in slow motion. Lets hope one of our ancient royals doesn't pop their clogs between now and the 8th June - just to prolong the agony further.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index