Bache Hill and the Whimble »
Bache Hill Barrows.

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Radnorlad
9 posts

Bache Hill Barrows.
Mar 12, 2017, 18:40
Could do with all the info i can gather for Bache Hill, what & who has interest in the barrows, lines on the hill, any info & goings on around these hills please.
GLADMAN
949 posts

Re: Bache Hill Barrows.
Mar 12, 2017, 19:12
Radnorlad wrote:
Could do with all the info i can gather for Bache Hill, what & who has interest in the barrows, lines on the hill, any info & goings on around these hills please.

Could start off with this....
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/4247/bache_hill_and_the_whimble.html
Radnorlad
9 posts

Mar 12, 2017, 19:33
Really good reading but I could do with the religious or group interest in this area, pagan?, Druid etc
Rhiannon
5290 posts

Mar 12, 2017, 22:30
Oh I'm sure they're all good Christian folk round there. But be careful if you see any big wicker frames shaped like a person.

Maybe make enquiries in the local health food shop or wherever druids hang out when they're not in their groves.
Radnorlad
9 posts

Mar 13, 2017, 07:10
Would they cut trees down & lie the branches out in line with barrows? Or just build with their branches?
moss
moss
2897 posts

Mar 13, 2017, 10:07
Radnorlad wrote:
Would they cut trees down & lie the branches out in line with barrows? Or just build with their branches?

There is an excellent book by Ronald Hutton on the druids called 'Mistletoe and Blood', a review here......

http://www.history.ac.uk/reviews/review/846

It will explain the history of druidism but not answer how the barrows were aligned, could be they were following a trackway ;)
Radnorlad
9 posts

Mar 13, 2017, 10:20
Thank you, a good read on the Druids, just trying to get to the bottom of why would trees be cut on these ley lines, lines/grooves cut in the stump & branches lay out pointing in set directions, if I move them, in a twelve month period they get laid back in position ?? at different times of the year !
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Mar 13, 2017, 16:38
This all sounds a bit Fortean. Not sure anyone on here is local enough though.
Radnorlad
9 posts

Mar 17, 2017, 17:17
Fortean ??
Radnorlad
9 posts

Mar 17, 2017, 17:22
With a chainsaw, that's getting at it.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index