37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: Neolithic women
Mar 06, 2017, 10:29
carol27 wrote:
Ooh, it had to come didn't it? Reading tjj s ponderings, it set me a thinking. Do you suppose women just breast fed & gathered? Or were they like Lionesses & quite a bit of the animal kingdom where the female of the species sorts it out? Whoever, don't start, I'm largely thinking about lions.I've often noticed that within said animal kingdom that it's the males who are highly decorated & attractive. Even in some human tribes. Is breast, womb, fecundity expressed by the mounds & curves?
In this day of hairless bodies; fat filled lips & plastic filled breasts; near starvation physiques; stretched grotesque faces & designer vaginas; women, we think we're feminist & we get nowhere near.
Whoa, we've travelled so far. I think our Neolithic women would have had it far better sorted out:)

Clever females have just been sidelined in history! Think of the female writers, poets, artists. Boudica is not exactly a favourite of mine, her cruelty in Colchester - tying the roman matrons to stakes, cutting off their breasts and then stuffing them in their mouths, has always made me flinch. Then there was Cartimandu, about the same time, Iron Age ruler of the Brigantes, 'divorced' her husband and married someone else, okay she did betray Caractus. As Tiompan says, it was the soul-destroying christianity that put paid to equality between the sexes.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index