14 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2553 posts

Re: Politics and cairns 55 - 45
Feb 28, 2017, 12:42
tjj wrote:
I've just re-read The Urban Prehistorian blog about the 'hands across the border' cairn. It is a long read and perhaps I didn't take it all in the first time. Worth reading twice.
I've also re-read your response to what I thought was my fairly innocuous post, certainly not intended to offend. My first reaction which you may or may not have read was defensive to say the least (have since deleted it).
I just want to put on record that I love Scotland and wish a happy outcome in all of this. It is true one of the arguments in the 2014 referendum was that Scotland could lose its EU membership if it became independent of the UK. And now it will lose it anyway if it doesn't become independent and re-negotiate its membership to stay in. I get all that and understand Scotland must become an independent country as the Irish Republic is.
Where your 'Ulstermen' fit in I cannot see as I always thought they had closer ties with Scotland than England. Perhaps a good time for Ireland to pursue their full independence as one Republic - I certainly get that too.

Dinna worry Tjj, up in the North we love you :-)

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index