The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Help - Maps Empty KML File

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
scubi63
463 posts

Help - Maps Empty KML File
Feb 07, 2017, 17:51
Just installed google earth on my new laptop (Windows 10) and then tried to install the KML file from the MAP section only for it to return the following message:
'No Results - Empty KML File'
I have tried to re-download the file a number of times and even tried to put it on my old work laptop (running Windows 7) only to find the same result.

As this has always worked in the past i think its either something I am (not) doing or there really is something wrong with the file.

Any ideas?
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: Help - Maps Empty KML File
Feb 07, 2017, 18:17
scubi63 wrote:
Just installed google earth on my new laptop (Windows 10) and then tried to install the KML file from the MAP section only for it to return the following message:
'No Results - Empty KML File'
I have tried to re-download the file a number of times and even tried to put it on my old work laptop (running Windows 7) only to find the same result.

As this has always worked in the past i think its either something I am (not) doing or there really is something wrong with the file.

Any ideas?

Hi Scubi,

It's not you or your new laptop, it's the file. I've just downloaded it onto my mac and it says the same when I try to open it in GE.
Needs sorting out by whoever does that stuff here.
TMA Ed
614 posts

Feb 07, 2017, 18:19
Thanks Scubi. I'll alert Holy McGrail.

TMA Ed.
scubi63
463 posts

Feb 07, 2017, 22:13
Thanks for confirming EGD and thanks to the Ed's for passing on to Holy Mc'.
:)
scubi63
463 posts

Ed's - Re: Help - Maps Empty KML File
Jun 29, 2017, 12:32
Hi Ed's, sorry for pushing this but it doesn't look like this has been resolved yet!

Not sure how long this has been like this but does anybody have an older working KML file they could send me so I could import into GE for now?

Cheers

Chris
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Re: Ed's - Re: Help - Maps Empty KML File
Jun 30, 2017, 13:25
scubi63 wrote:
Hi Ed's, sorry for pushing this but it doesn't look like this has been resolved yet!

Not sure how long this has been like this but does anybody have an older working KML file they could send me so I could import into GE for now?

Cheers

Chris

I think I only have the mac one unfortunately. Will double check tonight though.

Do you happen to have an iphone? Until the kml is fixed you could try the Meg portal app. It's well worth getting.
thelonious
330 posts

Edited Jun 30, 2017, 14:16
Jun 30, 2017, 14:10
does this work for you? - link below. (looks to be from last year)
click on the 3 vertical dots and download kml

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1iG1YHovE8pzPdkzhFp1R6Ndqf0E&hl=en_US&ll=55.75901702712206%2C-3.4359724999999344&z=5

(if this doesn't work,I've got an old kml from last year if you still need it?)
scubi63
463 posts

Jun 30, 2017, 19:27
Thanks EGD, I only have an old Imac! Would it work on that? (I am not very computer savvy but willing to try anything).

Cheers

Chris
scubi63
463 posts

Jun 30, 2017, 19:35
Hi Thelonious,

So when I open the link it opens google maps but there isn't any sites on it (?).
I click on the three dots and download the KML.
It gives me two options before before saying ok and downloading. (I have download with each option ticked).
When I click on the downloaded file it open GE but there are no sites.
So in conclusion I dont think it worked but I could just be doing it wrong.

I would be very happy with a file that is a little only as most of the well known sites would still be on it which is a start.

Cheers

Chris
thelonious
330 posts

Jun 30, 2017, 20:36
You got an email address to send the old zip folder to?
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index