104 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Feb 16, 2017, 09:52
Re: Cancer in the Neolithic?
Feb 16, 2017, 09:33
Hi Spencer, I read your post quite late last night - what a bedtime read!! Am not going to have a go at you because suspect that both you and Markoid have been wound up by others who may have been simmering away in the background somewhere (I think you mentioned email exchanges). At the risk of sounding like an 'acolyte' - once again I defend George. He does have a wealth of knowledge which he is happy to share if he thinks people are interested. He is generally patient and courteous unless poked with a sharp stick, as Markoid was doing. I have noticed he doesn't back down - and why should he. Perhaps that is what the simmerers resent.
You mentioned my name in your post as someone who responded to the Irish Travellers thread out of politeness or something ... actually I responded because I am genuinely interested but needed to read the link through a couple times first. The subject matter was not that easy for me.
When I went back to the thread later in the day, with something I wanted to add, I found it had been completely sabotaged by Markoid. I just don't get it - he talks about his work in the NHS on other forums and he has got something relevant to say about that, so why did he need to come here and cause so much disruption - unless he had been wound up elsewhere.
That's all I'm going to say on the subject other that to say I hope you get your laptop and continue to make a contribution here - you write well, even if I don't always agree with what you say.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index